My new found hate for Toys R Us and women in white coats.

Discussion in 'Games' started by Malus, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Malus macrumors 6502

So, as most of you know, Toys R Us are taking preorders for the wii and ps3 today. So, I went at around 7 to get in line. I was about 30th in line, so I figured I would definatly score a wii. I talked to people for the three hours while the manager and employees were already in the store, even before I got there. Alas, 10 o clock came around and the manager came outside and said there were only 6 ps3's, 15 wiis and so many elmo things that aparently people want badly.

Being 30th in line, I did not get a wii or a ps3, and the last wii owner was a woman in a white coat that happily laughed when she said she was #15.....

Why am I ranting about this? Toys R Us was lame and made me wait 3 hours in 30 degree weather when they knew they only had 15 wiis, and there was about a good 100-150 people in line...way to make us waste 3 hours of our lives Toys R Us.....or should I say Weliketomakepeoplewaitalongtime R Us....psh.

2. mac000 macrumors 6502a

you should have gotten there at midnight like the rest of us champ, :D

3. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

Beware the bitterness - so you have to wait a few months, its not like either of those would have changed your outlook on life would they have?

4. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

20 days until you get a chance for the real thing!

That way just practice!

5. robbents99 macrumors regular

robbents99

Personally, I'd go with the PS3 and wait until the lines die down.

A friend of mine managed to grab 2 360s at Sam's Club last year, 1 for him and 1 for me, if there's one in your area may want to start off at Sam's and work your way down the list of stores...

6. g30ffr3y macrumors 6502a

g30ffr3y

well since i got screwed at ebgames due to the
    preordering being halted the day my local eb
    opened after our massive week long buffalo
    power outage i managed to get one at TRU this
    morning...

the first 5 people in line were there at 10am saturday
    morning and came down from canada...

i got there around 7am and was 17th in line, but the
    first 5 only bought ps3s and some of the people in
    line just wanted the elmo's so i got in before #12
    which was my TRUs cutoff...

at least its a guaranteed preorder unlike the one i
    got for PS3 at ebgames... where im only one of
    the first 15 people to get one depending on how many
    they actually get...

totally BS...

7. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Are you saying you'd buy a PS3, and wait for Wii lines to die down...or you would buy a PS3, but wait for PS3 lines to die down?

If its the first on the two, then your crazy because Wii lines will be nothing vs PS3 lines

8. Malus thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm not saying that I need it Nov 19th or I will die. I'm just sayin I think its lame that they sit in the store for three hours and then tell us they only have 15 wii's.....I couldve been in my warm bed sleepin :'(

9. FireArse macrumors 6502a

:)

Can I add that I think women in white coats are hot? Anyone walked through the make-up areas of the Department Stores on Oxford Street?

hhmmmmmm

As they said in Animaniacs "Hello Nurse!"

F

10. robbents99 macrumors regular

robbents99

I'm saying I'd go with a PS3 over a Wii. I don't see Wii as a console, but then, I've never been a Nintedo Fan to begin with.

If I was in the market for a PS3 I'd wait to buy. There are enough 360 games coming out within the next few weeks to tide me over...

11. Sayer macrumors 6502a

Sayer

Hmm. Where is the innovation in gaming these days?

Xbox 360: Wireless controller that is incredibly annoying to setup, change from triggers to bumpers/shoulder buttons (ooOOooh, copy PSX instead of Dreamcast now?).

PS3: Spider-Man movie font for logo, motion-sensing as an after-thought and the same terrible controller design from 10 years ago, oh and you thought the Xbox was huge?

Wii: Nunchuck controller designed around motion-sensing, add-on modules turn the controller into a "gun" or a steering wheel, can be used as a sword or golf club.

PSP: One analog nub so small and misplaced as to be useless. Movie disc format only supported on the PSP, proprietary memory stick format that costs way more than any other format. Stores are dropping PSP movies, not because they are jerks, but because NO ONE IS BUYING ANY.

Nintendo DS: dual screen, touch screen interactivity (when the game maker doesn't simply bolt it on) that enhances game play, built-in wireless networking features that enhances gameplay like Xbox live did for console gaming. And in Nintendogs, when you need to "blow" bubbles for your puppy to play with you actually blow on the DS, and it responds realisticly. How friggin cool is that? THAT is gaming interactivity, not thumb-numbing button mashing in DoA with hypersexualized female boxers.

12. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

:rolleyes:

This guys wasn't asking about what system to buy...and if you don't want to wait in line the PS3 is the LAST console one should want !

13. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    When I went to get a 360, I was the 4th person in line, and there were a total of 14 pro and 6 core unites available, so naturally I got a pro. I got there at about 10 at night, and camped out.

In the morning people started coming by, and we told them that every unit was spoken for.

20 minutes before the doors opened, We all stood in front of them, single file, and then more people started getting into line despite what we told them. This one chick was like "I don't give a **** about none of yall, my son's getting one for christmas."

Being the kind of guy I am I said "look bitch, there's twenty of us. You so much sneeze in front of one of us and your ass gets trampled, and your son might be lucky if YOU'RE home for christmas." Everyone laughed at her and she left.

lol

14. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Why does everyone need to have innovation ALL the time? Maybe people just wanna play games with nice HD graphics? Not everyone hates regular controllers you know. Nintendo is doing its Wiimote and DS because it lost to Sony/MS in the traditional gaming market, and needs to find another way of getting people to remeber Nintendo is still around in the console market. Look how well the Cube did, wow it has like 1 shelf of games while PS2/Xbox had about 5 or 6 is most stores.

Nintendo ripped off Sony for using DVD's as its format for the Wii OMG! Nintendo ripped off a laser pointer and a Palm Pilot for the Wiimote and DS OMGZ!111!!!1!!!11

I realize the Wii is going to be a good system. I know it will be. Zelda looks the absolute sh**. Mario is gonna be fun as always. And there will be a load of niche market games that will be a blast to play. I am stoked to get one.

But I almost hope that the Wii because the Cube of the 'next-gen' so everyone who thinks Nintendo is the second coming of Jesus will cry themselves to sleep at night.

15. monke macrumors 65816

monke

Onizuka that was hilarious. XP probably just crashed, she got pissed, and left home to go buy her son a 360. :D

16. Malus thread starter macrumors 6502

Slayer, when robbents99 says he doesn't consider Wii to be a console...

He really meant to say he didn't consider the Wii to be a $600 machine that has a 60GB harddrive, blueray drive that also acts as a cup holder that is also an expresso maker with a device that lets little marshmellows that drop into the cup. And that can also act as a time machine that can send you back into the past.....oh and it plays games..........

...aka a console.

17. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

DUDE, IT CAN SEND YOU INTO THE PAST! F*** YEAH!

18. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

You mean Nintendo isn't! the second coming on Jesus!!!! :eek:

Omg. :rolleyes:

19. 0s and 1s macrumors 6502a

0s and 1s

on Jesus????? :eek:

20. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I didn't mean literally :p

And like 0's and 1's mentioned, coming ON Jesus? That would certainly make the debate on homosexuality and religion a bit more interesting wouldn't it? ;)

21. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

Attached Files:

22. xPismo macrumors 6502a

xPismo

hah! Very funny. I don't get the big push to get the consoles early, but I'm glad people are still excited for the next generation. So far I'm not excited enough to buy.

23. topgun072003 macrumors 6502

topgun072003

I'm down

24. topgun072003 macrumors 6502

topgun072003

hilarious....I guess I should have used the multiquote thing...woops

25. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

How is the wireless controller annoying to set up? You turn on the Xbox 360, then press the guide button in the center of the controller and the little wireless connector button on the console itself, and you're done. That's really not that hard, unless maybe you have no fingers…