my new iBook 600

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by LucasLand, May 24, 2002.

1. LucasLand macrumors 6502a

LucasLand

My new ibook came today. It is the 600mhz cd rom version that came out this monday. It is really nice. This is my first laptop. My only complaint is that I wish all the cords plugged in the back and not on the left side. They are kind of annoying to look at.

Anybody know of a GOOD RETAIL STORE TO BUY A BAG FOR IT.

Ed

2. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Re: my new iBook 600

Congrats, and you will never want to go back to a desktop again. Especially if you pony up for the Airport network. Here is a link for what I think are the best iBook cases out there. http://www.jambags.com/macs.html

Check it out. You will enjoy it.

3. kishba macrumors 6502a

kishba

hehehe... i personally LOVE the cords on the side... i wish my powerbook g3 didn't have the silly backdoor problem... i use the ethernet port so often i wish i didn't have to flip the panel open every time i go somewhere

but anyways... congrats on the sweet new portable :)

4. LucasLand thread starter macrumors 6502a

LucasLand

comments

Thanks for the comments.

What do you do for security, so it isn't stolen. Do you add any of this special software I hear about that can tell who is using it after it is stolen?

Ed

5. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Re: comments

Well, I am 6'6 275 pounds, so people generally don't steal from people like me ;) . Seriously. It has a kensington lock port on it. Just lock the puppy down when you are at school, or just take it everywhere you go. The Kensington lock works great with it though, I had one when I was going to school here, and never had any problems.