My new ibook just died

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by AP_piano295, May 1, 2005.

1. macrumors 65816

I was editting a movie on my 14inch combo drive ibook g4 and it just died without warning power went off and it wont turn back on?????

HELP

2. Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Unplug from mains, remove battery. Put it all back and try again. Always the first course of action ;) You never know your luck...

3. jsw
    Moderator emeritus

jsw

Dumb question, but was your battery out of charge and/or loose?

If not, call Apple. You have a warranty, and you should use it!

4. macrumors newbie

So Did Mine!

Just went black and died! 14 ibook, was sent to me from the applestore online just 3 days ago. DANGIT! How can we band together to get replacements. I called support today and they actually suggested a repair, c'mon I just bought this thing! I want a replacement that works.

5. macrumors 603

OutThere

Repair means that they'll replace everything that's not working about it until it works, you won't be able to tell the difference between a repair and a replacement. Repairs just save on parts...if your screen, hard drive, keyboard and memory all work, why replace all of them when you can just replace the monitor cable?

6. macrumors 6502a

In the UK you'd be entitled to a replacement or full refund. Not sure but I think our consumer laws are biased towards the consumer a bit more favourably over here. I'm guessing you're in the US though???