my new imac will be 1 month in the box

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by nukiduz, Jun 13, 2006.

1. nukiduz macrumors 6502

nukiduz

my parents have received today the iMac i ordered a while ago for me. i did it this way cause i'm living far from home and will leave this city this month. however, i'm flying to mexico on june 20th to visit a very friend of mine for about 3 weeks and i will come back home on july 12th. so my imac will be 4 weeks inside of its box!! it's driving me nuts cause it's my first mac and i'm dying to make the switch.
    i think i could bear it as i'm having fun in my trip. could you bear it??

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

No. I remember when my first Mac got delivered I had to leave immediately afterwards for an appointment. That hour nearly killed me. :eek:

3. wronski macrumors 6502

Personally, I wouldn't be able to bear it because the first thing I do whenever I get a new Mac is inspect every freakin' milimeter of the thing to make sure It's absolutely perfect.

:D

4. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Hmm.. I would be inclined to set it up and test it at least - or have someone do it for you, because if there is anything wrong you will be outside the DOA period by the time you get back.

5. Makosuke macrumors 603

My G5 tower finally arrived (after nearly a month of waiting--supplies were short back then) literally the day after I left for a weekend business trip to Alaska. Man, that was frustrating.

Even were it a vacation, I'm not sure if I could handle 3 weeks with a new Mac in a box. Just couldn't properly enjoy myself.

6. technicolor macrumors 68000

technicolor

When I made the switch, I took the day off from class when I saw my computer was set to be delivered that day..

I took the day off for the arrival of my mbp as well.

7. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Wow, you must be going through some serious pain right now nukiduz, I know that the several week wait for my first Mac (Power Mac G5) almost killed me. ;) :)

8. sjpetry macrumors 65816

sjpetry

I really hope that a computer (a material possession) will not interfere with you have fun on your vacation. But if it does you could always call off the trip.

9. Collin973 macrumors 6502

Man. I kind of feel your pain. I'm waiting to receive my powerbook I just bought off someone and I'm hoping it'll be here friday, but friday is SOOO LONG from today. It'll be my first mac and i'm really excited to get it. I hope you enjoy yours too!

10. ikonq macrumors member

there was someone like that at the store i worked at the other week. It was kinda weird cause i was sitting near him while he inspected it. :p

11. amac4me macrumors 65816

amac4me

Why don't you just ship it to me, I'll use it. This way you'll know it's not sitting in the box :p

12. bbrosemer macrumors 6502a

bbrosemer

I dont think Justin Long is going to be to happy sitting in the box that long. :rolleyes:

13. designed macrumors 6502

designed

Especially when he's ready out of the box. :D

But to the OP: I somehow know how you feel, my MacBook got delivered while I was away for the day, and my iMac was with me for 6 hours before it turned out to be lemon, had to go away and then the replacement unit waited over the weekend in the post office only a mile away because the store it was sent out from didn't supply me with a tracker code.

But don't you worry, it's going to be worth the wait! :)

14. bbrosemer macrumors 6502a

bbrosemer

Damn now Justin won't be able to make movies, and life stuff.

15. Makosuke macrumors 603

What are you talking about? Setting up a new Mac IS a form of vacation, as far as I'm concerned. I certainly have as much fun goofing with new technology as I do with several other kinds of traditional recreation, that's to be sure.

16. bbrosemer macrumors 6502a

bbrosemer

Sometimes I put my MBP back into the box just so I can open it again.. :)

17. applefan1997 macrumors 6502

LOL. I used to do that with my 500MHz iBook (it was used). I remember when it came. I was in school and COULDN'T wait to get home. Then I saw the box with the picture of the lady in the blue jacket holding it close to her, and felt like screaming. *Why did it get stolen????We had a happy 4 months....*
    Aahhhh....