My New Intel 20" iMac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by imac abuser, Feb 16, 2006.

1. imac abuser macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

Hey Guys,
    Just thought I would share my thoughts on the new 20" intel iMac I bought.

First I would say I did upgrade everything 2 gig of ram, upgraded video card everything. And I was currently using a G4 15" 1.5 ghz powerbook with 1.5 gig of ram that rocked. This computer blows it away. I wanted to wait, and get the 17" macbook when it came out but couldn't. I absolutely love this imac, and it was so worth the money. The built in iSight camera rocks, and has a fun application Photo Booth. You can see some of the pics I made with it here http://web.mac.com/christopherblum/iWeb/Site/Home.html

I did have a few problems with safari crashing, but the same day I got it apple put out a huge update, and seems to have cleared up. This is my 5th mac in a row, and I see no reason to switch now.

Good Luck!
    Chris

2. TheMasin9 macrumors 6502a

TheMasin9

cool

good for you, its good to hear people having positive experiences with intels

3. iBunny macrumors 65816

Good to hear! I plan on placing my order for a fully loaded 20 incher tomorrow <3

4. imac abuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

Boy, you won't be dissapointed I really love mine.

Chris

5. rumbletum macrumors regular

Cool, looking forward to receiving mine (same spec as yours) on Monday.

Possibly the first weekend ever when I'll be looking forward to monday :)

6. cnakeitaro macrumors 6502

Mine is scheduled to be delivered on Tuesday from the Fedex tracking website. :mad: Stupid weekend.

7. imac abuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

yeah mine was supposed to be delivered two weeks later then i got it i got it in like 3 days after shipping

8. JHipp macrumors member

Congratulations!

With the RAM maxed out - how does Rosetta perform?

9. Shamus macrumors 6502a

Shamus

i dont own an iMac, but i personally feel that by looking at the specs, features and overall design of the iMac, it would hav to be the best desktop computer on the market since its move to intel. If ur that happy with ur iMac now....just wait till they make all apps universal...then u will see its true power. WOW.:)

10. imac abuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

I hear people talk about rosetta what is that refering to?

11. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Rosetta is part of the OS on Intel Macs. It translates Power PC code in PowerPC applications into code for the Intel machines. This allows you to use all (well most) of your PowerPC applications on intel Macs. It works seamlessly, so you never actually know you're using it, everything just works.

12. imac abuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

that's macs everything just works lol... I mean seriously I do broadband support and we never have calls from mac people. And the ones that do are idiots lol