my new iPod went Asian on me...

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Natalia81, Aug 19, 2004.

1. Natalia81 macrumors regular

I just got my new 4G 20GB iPod today. I must say that I'm impressed with the packaging...Anyways, I set I was trying to set it up to charge, when I put it on the docking station it automatically turned on. I took it off and accidentally hit the wheel and all of a sudden the characters went to some asian script. I don't know how to change it back. It is now just charging. Anyone know how to get it back to English??

2. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

You could try navigating through the menus, but since you don't know the language that could be bad. Just reset it. Hold play and menu for a few seconds and it'll reboot and ask you what language you want to use.

3. janey macrumors 603

janey

reset it.
    or if you know your iPod well enough to navigate it without really looking at the screen, go to what you think is settings, and scroll to the bottom. start checking every single menu from the bottom up for the languages thing :)

4. Natalia81 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok...so I looked in the instructions...they were wrong. It says go to the 4th thing on the main menu, the the last thing on the next menu. But it was actually the 3rd item on the main menu, then the very last one was Reset Settings (in English). So she's speaking English now :) .

So anyways, I haven't done much with her yet. She's still charging. This is my first Apple product. I've always wanted an iPod. And I must say that it's a beautiful piece of machinery :D

Thanks for the quick responses!!

5. janey macrumors 603

janey

well the thing is you can customize the main menu...so it could be the 1st thing...or the 10th thing...:p

6. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

That's funny I did the exact same thing with my iPod...went Asian right out of the box. A reset did the job...