My New Job

Discussion in 'Community' started by CompUser, Aug 5, 2005.

1. CompUser Guest

With all this talk about how kids jobs it was very strange two days ago my friends mom called me to hire me. She owns a consignment shop in town and she wants me to take pictures of her new "high end" products and put them on eBay.

So I was wondering what type of eBay account I should set up. A personal one or an eBay store. I know that she has a .Mac account that has not been activated yet so I think I could make a standard account and on the selling page of each item have a link to her .Mac webstite with pics and links to all of her other items.

If anyone has any advice or suggestions for me, that would be nice.
    Well those are my ideas for now. There's a massive thunderstorm right now so I better turn everything off.
  2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

Oct 11, 2004
    On the Left Coast - Victoria BC Canada
    You are not permitted by eBay to make links to an outside site with non-eBay products. They don't want you advertising for sales they won't get commission on. You can have links to a web page that explains more about that specific product and the auction - but it's not supposed to link throught to other stuff except other eBay auctions.
  3. CompUser thread starter Guest

What about a webpage that has links to other items for sale on ebay?
  4. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

Feb 2, 2002
    They probably won't allow that either, since you could just modify the page later and put whatever you want up. But you can link to your For Sale page, which lists all items a particular user is selling... that's the typical answer.

"be sure to check out all my other auctions!"
  5. CompUser thread starter Guest

Ok that works. So do you think having a store is worth it.
  6. SamIchi macrumors 68030

Aug 1, 2004
    I think you should jst stick w/ auctions for now. You can always decide to make a store after. I think it works that way? I'm not sure. I think there's a lot more fees they charge when you are a store, and I've heard it's pretty hard to do it the Ebay way. But that's just what I've heard. My bro made his own site selling cell phone accesories, and sells some items on his ebay account, once in a while.