My new Mac experience just went up about 50 points...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by VoodooDaddy, Jun 9, 2006.

1. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

May 14, 2003
    My change over to Mac has been kinda rocky up to this point. Just things havent gone as smoothly as I thought. Ive been migrating files over from my pc by burning dvds on the pc. I was down to just my music folder (30+gig) which I was going to transfer over via networking through my router. I turn on the pc today and find I had some kind of trojan or something, a web browser hijacker and some bogus spyware software that I couldnt get rid of. Just spent the last 45 min online figuring out how to eliminate all this garbage.

Apparently what I think happened was I had turned off my anti virus and my firewall app prior to connecting the pc back to the router. I didnt want the firewall blocking my attempt to access the pc, which it would have unless I changed some settings. Well, whatever I had must have been lurking underneath the surface, waiting for a chance to do its thing when I wasnt protected.

This was the first time in 10yrs Ive has any kind of virus/trojan/malware on my pcs. Guess I dont have to worry about that **** anymore.
  2. haiggy macrumors 65816

Aug 20, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Glad you fixed it and never have to deal with it again. Have fun with your new Mac :D