My new Mini wont sleep!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ScubaDuc, Oct 3, 2006.

1. ScubaDuc macrumors 6502

ScubaDuc

I was in Frisco last week and I could not help pickin' up a mini at the Apple shop near the Moscone center. Anyway, I just turned it on, did about 2Hrs worth of updates :eek: , including the new 200 plus megs for Intel, and tried to put it to sleep...but it wont. It turns istantly back on.. :confused: I tird the keyboard shorcut or the apple sleep with the mouse....

I have it attached to an Apple azerty keyboard, a Sony DVI monitor and a generic "Ortho-McNeil" (thanks :) ) optical laptop mouse. Nothing else

Anything I should check before I call Applecare?

2. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

Have you played with your peripherals to troubleshoot? Will the mini sleep if you detach any of them?

This thread suggests that may very well be the problem.

:)

3. ScubaDuc thread starter macrumors 6502

ScubaDuc

I changed the mouse and now it does it ...randomly. I was watching it last night and it turned itself on after about five minutes of sleep. :confused: The keyboard is new....and I did repair permissions

Is it "posessed" :eek:

4. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

Heheh, try singing to it. :D

On a more serious note, my son's mini had trouble sleeping. We finally had to ditch the BT mouse. Could there be some other BT entity within range, that could be disturbing it? A phone, perhaps? If you have checked the preference for allowing BT devices to wake the computer from sleep, this might be the problem.