my new political web site

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by themadchemist, Jul 4, 2004.

1. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

I just started it and it's not done yet. It is enjoy gestation @ 0catch.com, but I hope to move it to its own domain once it's a little more developed. I'd appreciate your initial thoughts, keeping in mind that it is a work-in-progress.

http://bushisprodeath.0catch.com

Essentially, I'm going to examine Bush's rhetoric about the sanctity of life and contrast it against what I believe to be a well-documented track record of enacting policies that have ended human life.

2. evil macrumors 6502

i like the graphic at the top
    however, there seems to be something sticking out from underneath the graphic on the right side. maybe an ad or something?

3. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

I too, see the ad sticking out...unfortunate...how did you make the site 'chemist? I do some web-design, so I might be able to help, although I deal mainly w/ Flash and code pretty badly...

Oh, I like the graphic at the top, but am not sure about the level of transparency...

I viewed/use Firebird BTW....

4. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Looks good to me. I would respectfully suggest, however, that you should bear in mind that it is not only the US at stake here, it is the entire world. As electors in a country which is able by its undoubted power and influence to affect the geopolitical landscape for generations to come, it is imperative that you elect a leader who has the vision and skill to steer a clear and steady course. The present administration have seemed to be reacting to events, rather than directing them. This is not leadership. You need to become part of the solution, not part of the problem.

5. themadchemist thread starter macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Yeah, the ad is supposed to be at the top but my absolute positioning in CSS made the image cover the ad. Fortunately, when the site gets a domain all to itself, I won't have to deal with the ads.

Yeah, and if you'd be interested in collaborating a little bit, maybe we could talk about that.

So what would be your suggestions re the transparency?

I completely agree with you. Looking back on my introductory piece, I can see where it might seem that I have neglected to consider America's importance to the rest of the world aside from insular cases like Iraq and Afghanistan (well, relatively insular, though they are actually inextricably bound to fiber of world politics). I'll keep that in mind and see how I can incorporate that very important idea into my pieces.