My new powerbook. Im a switcher!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by the_insider, Jun 14, 2005.

1. the_insider macrumors regular

the_insider

After months of anticipation, and confusion between a powermac and powerbook, i finnaly decided to order myself a powerbook. I headed over to the nearest apple center in zurich, and after long hesitation, i surprisingly decided the 15 inch was more suit for my needs. But i did LOVE the screen on the 17 inch, but it is just too bulky, doesnt feel like a laptop. I am going to order the powerbook with my brothers educational discount in america, and i will pick it up when i go there on vacation in a month. Ive decided to go with the upgraded vram to 128, and the 100 gig hard drive. I chose to get 1 gig of ram (2X512) so i could upgrade to 1.5 later on when i have more money, as well as get a 20 inch apple display and make this laptop my desktop. I wanted to thank you all on the board for all the help your posts have made over the past 6 months in making my desicion. Now all i have to do is wait... 30 more days :( but il be sure to post pics when i get this bad boy.. :D

2. blodwyn macrumors 65816

Congratulations - a great system, and I hope the wait will not be too hard to bear. It will be worth it though.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

brilliant :) i got rid of my clunky -but somehow more expensive than Powerbook- laptop in feb for a Powerbook. beautiful machine. you'll love it. if not then donations are welcome :p

4. 3lions macrumors member

5. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

6. tuartboy macrumors 6502a

tuartboy

just switched this past weekend to a 12" PB.

Anyone who wants a great, tiny laptop should look seriously at the 12" PB. Does everything i need with no bulk and 4+ hour battery life!

Amen!

7. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

Congrats. Hope you enjoy your new PB as much as I enjoy mine :p

8. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

Wow :) I've ordered a similar system (only 80GB HD, only 512 Ram) and its being delivered today!

The wait is horrendous, but it makes it all the more better when it does arrive! Congrats on the switch, I decided to fully switch with my Powerbook and I've no doubt its absolutely the right idea.

9. jalagl macrumors 6502a

jalagl

Congratulations and welcome!

Having switched a little over two years ago, all I can say is - you won't be dissapointed!