Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
Originally posted by dukestreet
I can't see it, it keeps telling me 'sending request for /FMRes/FMPJS'

What's happening?

Sorry, I forgot to activate web sharing before I started :D

It should be working now!

Ensign

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
that is so cool, ensign

i went to starfleet academy and took a few classes there

actually i went to school at the location where the mythical star fleet academy exists behind the ferry building on mission street in san francisco and the makers of star trek even stole the school's logo, http://www.ggu.edu

i bet someone in the star trek production team did it as an inside joke

diretly behind star fleet academy within a few blocks is where they hold macworld sf...moscone center named after the former mayor who was shot

and that neighborhood once had 200 dot.com companies which are mostly out of business

behind starfleet academy's mythical campus is actually where multimedia was invented and the area was once known as multimedia gulch, mixing the high finance of california banks and high tech of nearby san jose, ca

and san francisco is the main port of trade for the west and the asian economic superpowers of japan, korea, and china

so the idea of a starfleet academy in this district is not too far fetched

in 1947, the us air force was given the mission to control airspace including outer space...shortly thereafter, nasa took command of space, e.g. space cowboys

but now, the us military is considering a new force to take the military side of outer space and let everyhing else be nasa

and the most common name the defense department came up with...space force, naturally

the congress have been working on funding to get this off the ground and uniforms have already been proposed and with the lack of any good ideas, a flightsuit with us air force rankings has been the likely idea

i emailed a cnn or abc poll on the look of the uniforms and i proposed a light blue jumpsuit/flightsuit not unlike the garb a flier wears, and very similar to what a plumber in the civilian world wears...simple and easy to get in and out of...ok, for you dirty minds out there, i am not proposing hot dates in space...leave the romance with aliens to captain kirk...he he

jef
star trek fan

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Is it down again? I went back to look at it after all the posts and I got connection refused. Doh!

Let me know.

jef - what's this about the Space Force? You got a link to that? Very cool.

Geert

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2001
.be
Ensign, I cannot log on to the site, the browser keeps on loading, but nothing appears.
saw that you had some kick-off problems.
Give us a sign when it comes back on! (eager to check it ;)

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
just my luck

BT are working on the line over the weekend and the whole system (a whole server farm) has been switched over to 64k ISDN so its not gonna work very well!

Sorry, will try to get it back up soon!

Ensign

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Just let us know when its solid again. I'm really interested in seeing after reading those other posts.

Geert

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2001
.be
Re: just my luck

Originally posted by Ensign Paris
BT are working on the line over the weekend and the whole system (a whole server farm) has been switched over to 64k ISDN so its not gonna work very well!

Sorry, will try to get it back up soon!

Ensign

Sorry to hear that Ensign :(
And I was so exited to see your new site.
(Every time that you want something badly, somebody else screws it up, I think you know what I mean ;) )
oh well, just let us know when its up and running again. Interested and that kinda stuff

mcrain

macrumors 68000
Feb 8, 2002
Illinois
We were fishing in Tennessee for Stripers, and we saw a van with a bumper sticker that said my child is an honor student at Starfleet academy. I thought it was hilarious.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by mcrain
We were fishing in Tennessee for Stripers, and we saw a van with a bumper sticker that said my child is an honor student at Starfleet academy. I thought it was hilarious.

Oh that's a good one. I hate those My Child bumper stickers. Have you seen the car commercial, it was for Lexus or something a little on the high end, where the dad drives up to the family home in his brand new car and his daughter is waiting in the drive way with a Honor Student Sticker. He gets out and looks at how proud his daughter is holding the sticker, then he gets a funny look, thinks a sec, looks to his car and says to his kid,

'Lets put it on Mommy's car'

great ad

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
Why is it that some of us have to use servers that have certain issues that are causing disappointment for others? Our server, FCC, has !!!!!! up my email account with my father's. So the email address listed is really his, but I am receiving it as my own.

Even in Maine, when we also have dial-up service, in 2001, every time my family vacated there for the first six or seven months we had to call up our servers and tell the nut-hats at LOA that we cannot connect. They give us some BS error about them not inputting our password, messed up accounts, uncharged credit card, I mean really. My point is that some internet servers just don't get it.

I know, I am being a little profane, but my mood is expressing how annoying it is with some servers. And I do feel bad, Ensign.

Any time is a great time for iPod. Call me KC.

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
Originally posted by mcrain

Heh-heh. I have one on my car that looks like a college window sticker that says starfleet academy. BTW the site still isn't up. It sounds good from the past posts.

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
Originally posted by dukestreet
Is it down again? I went back to look at it after all the posts and I got connection refused. Doh!

Let me know.

jef - what's this about the Space Force? You got a link to that? Very cool.

i saw it on the net most likely since i don't ever get newspapers and only a couple of techie magazines...as i recall, some members of the republican party who were more willing to spend on defense proposed it and it came under criticism from the democrats

some felt that it was no longer feasable for the united states air force to spend money beyond our orbit and leave that expensive arena to a separate entity like space force

and since its mission was military, it was also supposed to be able to be separate from nasa

and i would have to also put my vote in for a strong social security and good schools before a space force;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.