My online comic is...well...online now!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by chasingapple, Oct 1, 2006.

1. chasingapple macrumors regular

chasingapple

I have always wanted to make my own comic, and yesterday I decided my wife was just way to dang funny not to be a comic character! Anyway, I am going to leave it as a sticky post at my blog and update it as much as possible. I am now on Comic #2 so check it out!

Anyway, feel free to leave a post on it if you like it, hate it, or wanna see more or something :)

Cheers

Cherry Chan Comic!

2. comictimes macrumors 6502a

comictimes

heh very nice, good job!

only thing is you should probably either make the entire comic bigger or the text within it bigger cause I could barely read it since it was so small...

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I want to read it, but the restricted size in the blog has made the text illegible.
    Nevermind, I figured it out, but I would maybe have a link that is not under the "previous comics" because to hunt for something you may not want to hunt for is a pain.

As for today's comic, it's ok. Really the writing is silly, but I guess that is what comics are all about.

4. chasingapple thread starter macrumors regular

chasingapple

It was written with a 4 year old in mind :D

5. chasingapple thread starter macrumors regular

chasingapple

I'm working on that right now, give me a little bit.

6. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

'Puters' and known as 'Compootellaz' by our 2 & 4 Yr olds. :)

7. chasingapple thread starter macrumors regular

chasingapple

Ok all fixed. Clicking on the comic will take you to the high res version and then clicking on it again will return you to the original website. I need to work on page with the high res version though, kinda plain :)

Anyone have a nice template?

8. chasingapple thread starter macrumors regular

chasingapple

9. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

Congrats -- publishing your work is always a big deal.

What are your big plans? Is this something you can keep up with day after day? Once a week? Who else will you publish to besides ourselves?

Looks like fun, anyway. Eager to see your ensemble cast as it naturally develops.

10. chasingapple thread starter macrumors regular

chasingapple

I appreciate the kind words! I am going to try and do a daily comic. Eventually I will end up in there, and of course the sister-in-laws are characters amongst themselves! Keep an eye on the page and please feel free to leave comments for each strip.

11. chasingapple thread starter macrumors regular

chasingapple

12. chasingapple thread starter macrumors regular

chasingapple

I was wondering if I could get some of you to post some comments at the comics site? I would love any type of discussion about the current comic or even one of the older ones. Also I would like to know how i'm doing :)

Strip #4 is up, it's a follow-up to #3 carrying the same story.

13. chasingapple thread starter macrumors regular

chasingapple

So far I have managed to get 1 comic per day. I plan to keep it up and continue to do one every day, unless things get all too busy here. Right now things are slow for me so I am having a blast making the comics. Issue #4 & 5 are out so be sure to check em out.

Cheers.

14. medea macrumors 68030

medea

Perhaps you should focus on two a week so you can spend more time developing the story and working on the art.

15. chasingapple thread starter macrumors regular

chasingapple

Thought about that but then when I planned out the comic in the first place I chose to go with a small 3 panel "newspaper type" comic rather then a serious plot driven comic. In the future who knows, it might develop in a different direction but for now I wanted a simple anime style art, simple story with a punchline type effect.

Also I am kinda new at the whole "comic a day" thing and I might slow it down a little to maybe 5 a week, but for now I just wanted to get it started and see if I could draw a fanbase of regulars, including people that say.. bookmark and actively post comments and such.

Thanks for the feedback though and I hope you stick around and help mold the comic in the future, I am always taking idea submissions ya know!