My order has shipped, but my card hasn't been charged.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mrat93, Mar 12, 2012.

1. macrumors 65816

mrat93

I ordered my iPad the day preorders began, and my order status is "Shipped." I checked my online banking after the purchase to make sure they charged my card, and it showed up under "pending transactions." Now, it shows nothing. No trace of a transaction in my bank account. I have a shipping number, and it appears to already be in Pennsylvania.

Should I be worried? Could they potentially cancel my order? Will they recharge me once I receive it? I clicked "cancel order" just to see what would happen, and it said that I cannot cancel the order because it has already shipped. Should I call Apple? What's going on here?!

2. macrumors 6502a

This has happened to me at a few places, the charge will show up, don't worry =)

The pending authorization "fell off" (normal) but the actual charge hasn't gone through yet, give it a day or two. Usually they overlap.

3. macrumors 604

ZBoater

Worried that it will be free?

Ummm, if they charge you, great.

If they don't charge you, even better.

Why would you be worried if it was already shipped? :confused:

4. macrumors G4

Chupa Chupa

Not to worry. Apple isn't leaving there $ on the table and they aren't "recalling" your iPad either. I've ordered more than a few Apple products before where I got delivery before the CC processing caught up to me.

5. macrumors G5

Macman45

That's happened to me a number of times...My custom iMac wasn't charged for nearly two weeks after I got it....Don't spend it, they will not forget!:)

6. macrumors 6502

The same here, but I've been through this many times before. So it will show up later;)

7. thread starter macrumors 65816

mrat93

Whew! Okay! Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Maybe Apple could cancel the shipment before it gets to me?

Yeah, a free iPad would be nice, but that would just be wrong of me to accept based on an error on their part. They saved me literally over $2,000 on a new computer when my friend spilled tea on my brand new MacBook Pro last year. They deserve every bit of my $500.

8. macrumors 6502

Mine went from pending authorization right to a charge on my statment this morning.

9. macrumors G5

Macman45

I don't know about the US. but UK law is very clear...."No Monies to be deducted until goods are despatched"

10. macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

Most companies will put a hold on your card at ordering, but won't actually finish processing it until it ships. Either way, the money is effectively taken for personal finace purposes.