My Own Handmade Leather iPod Nanochromatic Case

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Andrew K., May 31, 2009.

1. macrumors 65816

Andrew K.

Hey guys I had been looking for a simple nice case that wasn't plastic and I could take out and play in my truck or leave it in and listen so I came up with this, this design is based off of MAKR Wallets. He makes handmade wallets in limited quantities, he sells an iPhone 3G Case but no nano cases so I decided to make it myself :) I think it came out pretty good, this is my second time hand stitching leather so I'm still learning. Click on the pics they are much bigger and show more detail. It was a sueded leather, but I washed it with handsoap and let it dry to make it look vintage and weathered.

Attached Files:

2. macrumors P6

dukebound85

3. macrumors 6502a

That looks really cool! The color of the leather looks nice against the grass.

4. macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

5. thread starter macrumors 65816

Andrew K.

6. macrumors Penryn

rdowns

7. macrumors 6502a

Looks pretty good! The more you do it the better you will get at it too. My dad has been making custom handgun holsters for a long time. I should try this too.

8. macrumors 6502a

carlosbutler

9. macrumors 68000

student_trap

10. macrumors newbie

Awsome it looks of much better quality and would probably last a whole lot longer then some of the mass produced cases on the market

11. thread starter macrumors 65816

Andrew K.

Thank you :eek: My next one will be a lot cleaner and I'm learning how to finish the edges properly. I am also designing a laptop case for my alu macbook :) hopefully it comes out well, and will definitely post it here.