My PB is having a flashing scene ATTACK!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SasyBabe, Apr 29, 2003.

1. SasyBabe macrumors member

SasyBabe

Everytime i put my PB in sleep mode and then go back to it to turn it on the scene flashes and flickers... this has happened ever since i updated my OS X software and install macjanitor. WHAT IS THE DEAL???? Should i call AppleCare... I hope nothing major is going on with my NEWWWWW PB. PLEASE HELP!:(

2. SasyBabe thread starter macrumors member

SasyBabe

OHHH yeah... and the only way i can solve this problem is to turn the computer off and restart.

3. Jimong5 macrumors 6502

wierd... lately, whenever my Studio Display Goes off (not full sleep), and I try to wake it, it flickers on, then shuts off, then on again, and is random in this manner....

4. Jackhammer macrumors newbie

5. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Are you using the PB in a room where the light changes? When 10.3.8 came out some Powerbooks had a problem where their screens flickered strangely. It turned out to be due to the ambient light sensor for the 'backlit keyboard/screen' which was now too sensitive. Something similar might have happened with some models again.

Try turning off (under System Prefs, Display (I think) the automatic adjustment of the screen and see if it helps.