My PB is making a nice tour of Asia...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by NCTRNL, Sep 20, 2004.

1. NCTRNL macrumors regular

It shipped from Shanghai on Saturday, then went to the Phillipines...then to Korea, and now it's on its way somewhere else. Funny...because the iPod on the same order went directly from Shanghai to Anchorage to Indy to KC...doesn't make any sense.

2. Jekyll macrumors newbie

I think we're neighbors

I think our Powerbooks are neighbors! Mine is on the same world tour. It's driving me insane. I'm very impatient it seems.

It left Shanghai on the 19th @ 8:04pm, jumped to the phillippeans for half a dozen scans @ Subic Bay, and then to Incheon South Korea. To go from Shanghai South to Phillippeans back north to South Korea (pretty close to Shanghai) doesn't make sense to me, but maybe it is some strange import deal.

My iPod came in this morning, that shipped out from Shanghai on the 16th, apparently straight to Memphis (I doubt it - I'm sure it stopped in AK, just wasn't scanned), to Michigan, then to Ohio, and then back to Michigan for delivery.

3. Sogo macrumors 6502

Oh I had something similar when my Pb was shipped. If I remember correctly, it went from Shanghai to Los Angeles then to Anchorage and finally back to Los Angeles. But to tell you the truth, i think its just one of those things, But oh well.

4. NCTRNL thread starter macrumors regular

Holy crap...that's identical to mine. I am very impatient too. It's saying that it won't be here until the 24th...but with the express shipping I thought it would be quicker. I guess I just need to settle down...
    :eek:

5. Jekyll macrumors newbie

Yeah, same here. Sept 24th before 10:30 am is what I'm scheduled in at. Friday seems like an eternity at this point (add to the fact that I'm going to be traveling 1,000 miles come Friday evening, no room for comfort).

Same here, I got express shipping, and from the 18th to the 24th is a very long two days. I'm comforted by my iPod arriving today - it was scheduled for the 22nd, so hopefully our Powerbooks will arrive early too!

6. NCTRNL thread starter macrumors regular

My iPod got here early too. I love the iPod to death. It's something to keep my mind off of the PB not being here. I figured it would be here by Tuesday or Wednesday...but well see I guess...

7. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Eevee

My iPod was shipped out from Shanghai, China first and then my 15" PB was sent out afterwards (based on FedEx). However, the PB arrived my apartment two days earlier than the iPod. Thus, very different from everyone else.

If apple products were made in US, then we wouldn't have to wait that long. However, it's understandable that outsourcing keeps the price down a bit.

Eevee

8. Sinequanon macrumors newbie

My 15" powerbook just finished the Asia tour. Last check in was in AK, and I'm sure it's finally on it's way to my door.

My iPod however....Just left shanghai today. We'll see where it goes.

Stupid fedex...

Hahah...Mine's scheduled for the 24th too!

Looks like all of our PB's came over on the same boat :)

9. NCTRNL thread starter macrumors regular

Well by some amazing turn of events, the PB went from Korea to Anchorage to Indianapolis to KC in one day. Heck, that thing might get delivered today.

10. Jekyll macrumors newbie

woo!

Sep 21, 2004 7:14 am

On FedEx vehicle for delivery

Finally FedEx got down to business! I think our constant refreshing of their tracking page was starting to cut into their business model.. can't keep up with the bandwidth charges!

11. NCTRNL thread starter macrumors regular

Yep, mine's out for delivery too. Now I have to wait til after work to get it...damnit...it's gonna be a long day...

12. Enigma macrumors member

Mine's made it out of Asia, but I think it's sitting somewhere in Luxembourg/Netherlands at the moment. The Apple tracking thing doesn't seem to work for us humble European folk until it gets handed over to TNT in the Netherlands, so I was tracking it with www.apecode.com/appletrack.php and got:

20 sep 04 truck arrived at final destination Apple Shanghai
    17 sep 04 departed direct KN Luxemburg
    17 sep 04 accept scanned at EDC KN Luxemburg
    15 sep 04 flight departed Apple Shanghai
    15 sep 04 Flight Booked Apple Shanghai
    14 sep 04 departed from product source Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
    14 sep 04 boxes scanned Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
    14 sep 04 Data received from supplier Apple Shanghai
    14 sep 04 Departed from source Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai

The last field is Prod. Source, so I just hope that the truck has arrived at TNT in the Netherlands and it's not been delivered back to Shanghai....

The iPod, which was shipped 3 days later, arrived at midday today, but my current desktop (Windows PC) doesn't have USB 2.0 or Firewire, so can't plug it in to anything. The tracking doesn't work yet on TNT for my Powerbook, so I just hope it arrives soon.

*grumbles*

I want me Powerbook, I'm sick to the back teeth of Windows...

13. Natalia81 macrumors regular

My PB is originating from Taoyuan City, TW. My iPod on the same order is coming from Shanghai.

14. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

My iPod was picked up in Shanghai today. It is possible that I might get it on Friday, in time for the weekend! Well, I can hope.....

15. NCTRNL thread starter macrumors regular

16. Enigma macrumors member

Mine departed Eindhoven yesterday, called TNT, so I'm expecting it tomorrow now. *fingers crossed*

17. USC_Gamecock macrumors member

Well I am envious, mine still seems to be in one place, I ordered it Monday, and it shipped Wednesday ...

Sep 22, 2004 10:08 AM Picked up SHANGHAI CN Future delivery
    requested

10:07 AM Left origin SHANGHAI CN

10:02 AM Package data transmitted FedEx; package
    not in FedEx possession

I guess I will have to endure the weekend, lol.