My photo Gallery

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by adamfilip, Apr 8, 2005.

1. adamfilip macrumors 6502a

adamfilip

My gallery is not Apple related
    But i would appreciate feedback on it

Im just starting out on some real photography
    with my new D-SLR

thanks

http://www.filipowicz.ca/gal/

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah, they're really quite good. But if you want some positive criticism, all I can really say is that some of the photos focus too closely on their subjects. Example: the nut with the pink background is great but it really makes me wanna take a step back because it's almost a little too in my face. But that's just me being really really picky, the only criticism I can think of. :)

Great work. :)

3. rjphoto macrumors 6502a

rjphoto

Nice stuff.

What kind of D-SLR are you using?

4. adamfilip thread starter macrumors 6502a

adamfilip

5. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Those are very nice pictures, thank you for the link. I like your choice of subjects. Is that a picture of your dog? If so, what's the name?

6. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Your name sounds familiar. Are you from the DVinfo boards?

7. Rob587 macrumors 6502a

Rob587

8. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

That picture of the fly is great, but a lil creepy :D What's it "tasting"? :confused: Do I want to know? :p

9. watcher2001 macrumors 6502a

watcher2001

What lens are you using? I have been considering getting a 10D but I am still waiting on the price to drop.

10. jscheiman macrumors member

Quote: Originally posted by dd002:
    Here is my company logo Negative Imaging

Attached Files:

11. Uma888 macrumors 6502

12. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I like the one where you can see inside the candle flame. It's amazing the quality that cameras can take now.

13. JDar macrumors 6502a

JDar

The macros of the fly are great. My favorite overall may be "Muck." How did that shiny part stay so clean? I wondered if the bonfire shot could be cropped severely, thinking it would look surreal with the alien-like figure emphasized and the extraneous distant skyline removed.

14. vouder17 macrumors 6502a

vouder17

Wow really nice pics. i wish i could do that... :(

15. Nanda Devi macrumors regular

Nice work, I really like those. Great texture and color. I liked the zoo photos, especially the polar bear and the croc. Also liked the snake - it's almost an optical illusion, looks like a bunch of green bananas...

16. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

I don't understand why people say stuff is copyright, when it obviously isn't. You know you have to register that to legally put that sign on there?

17. sorryiwasdreami macrumors 6502a

sorryiwasdreami

I like these pictures. I think your best ones are the panoramic ones, the real close ups, the one of a back-ho with mud on its tires, and the rusty metal bucket.

Good stuff; keep it up.

18. Inspector Lee macrumors 6502a

Inspector Lee

From what I gather, as long as you put "Copyright... So and So... 2005" your stuff is at least protected in a rudimentary way. At least that is how it goes with writings. Going throught the USPTO (or whatever the Canadian equivalent) is like going to a rodeo soaked in cologne - it will cost you big time.

There are companies out there that will watermark images for you.

Back on topic... Nice pics. You should try to get out to Banff and/or Jasper NP in Alberta to add some wilderness images - there is a lot of eye candy out there.

19. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

No you don't. You have to register it in order to successfully defend yourself in a lawsuit. US Copyright Law states that once something is fixed in a tangible form, it is copyrighted. I just happen to be involved in a mock trial in my media law class talking about copyright right now. Pretty interesting stuff.

[Back on topic]
    Some pretty nice shots there. I just got a Nikon D70 a few weeks ago as a college graduation gift from my parents. It's my first experience with an SLR camera of any type (digital or film). I love the freedom I now have to experiment. I looked at getting a Canon, but I fell in love with the D70. I used to be a big supporter of Canon's products, but I was extremly disappointed with the Canon lenses, which is why I chose Nikon. Anyway, I think you've got some pretty good stuff there. Keep us informed when you put more shots up! I'll probably post a few shots of my own in a few weeks.

20. Deefuzz macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz