My Poor iBook

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by ibookin', Mar 8, 2003.

1. ibookin' macrumors 65816

ibookin'

My iBook has died. It was a year and a half old.:(

Well, not really died, but debilitated. You see, the video card has broken and nothing will appear on the screen, a tv, or an external monitor. I took it to the Apple Store in Pasadena yesterday and shipped it off to Houston for the 4th time to get a repair.

In the meantime, I have to use a PC running Win2K and RedHat Linux...:( .

I can't wait 'till it gets back. Sympathy is appreciated.;)

2. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

Hopefully it will come back repaired and working fine. :D

Good Luck on the PC. :( ;)

3. Independence macrumors regular

i've got a 1994 era IBM Thinkpad 755CE that still works like it was bought yesterday. it runs windows 98 lite pretty good for being so old. never had a problem with it though. but how did you break the video card in your laptop?

4. ibookin' thread starter macrumors 65816

ibookin'

The video card just died for no apparent reason. It had been having display problems before where blue blocks would pop up on the screen and flicker (I have pics if anyone wants to see). Then, the screen just wouldn't turn on when I tried to wake it from sleep or restart it.

I'm glad to hear that your Thinkpad runs so well. IBM laptops are some of the best (if not the best) PC laptops, in my opinion.

EDIT: I just noticed that this was my 499th post on MR.

5. Computer_Phreak macrumors 6502

I'm scheduled to recieve an ibook in 2-4 weeks. I don't know if I will keep it or if I should sell it to get a Cube.... what do you use your's for?

6. ibookin' thread starter macrumors 65816

ibookin'

I love my iBook. It used to be the best-sized laptop around (until the 12" PB came out). It is a great computer to carry around with me. I use it for all my computing tasks (word processing, email, web use and development, programming for CS classes, light image work, etc.) and it works a lot better than the PC I'm using now.

7. Jaykay macrumors 6502a

Jaykay

Re: My Poor iBook

Yeah, hate that. I did it to two imacs in the space of three weeks. One is still being repaired (after 4 weeks) and the other is sitting on my floor moping about its broken video board.

These are strange times....:eek:

8. janey macrumors 603

janey

Re: My Poor iBook

damn sweetheart we seem to have similar problems at the same time my iBook's display went whacko it doesn't display anything correctly and i think i might have broken it :p
    But that wasn't the only problem i seemed to have a slew of problems with it so it's away and now i have to figure out how to do timed keynote presentations on this laptop as i forgot how i did it on my iBook.