My power adapter is always amber

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by acidity, Sep 12, 2006.

1. acidity macrumors regular

Hello

The side which goes in my laptop is always Amber even if its plugged in to an AC source. It becomes green for sometime and then it turns to Amber.....when does the color changes to gree?

Also, the MacBook was showing 100% battery charged even after using it for 2 hours and then suddenly it died which is correct as the battery was not chraged. Is this a bug or something?

2. topgun072003 macrumors 6502

topgun072003

Yes. I would call apple care and get that checked out soon. The light should only be amber when the battery has less than 95% charge. Other than that it should be green when on ac power. It also shouldn't show 100% charge and then shut off. Go get it checked.

3. acidity thread starter macrumors regular

Hmmm....a reboot seems to have solved the problem.

Now its correctly showing the battery charge to be 89% but when I connect it to the AC, its still AMBER. I guess it will turn green when I reach 95%.

I will update this page with more info as soon as I reach 95% charge.

4. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

You might try resetting the PRAM as well, if the problem continues in the future. A battery calibration might be called for as well.

5. acidity thread starter macrumors regular

Looks like resettting PRAM solved the problem. Now its correctly showing all the info and its green when on AC.

Its only Amber when the charge is less then 100% even if its connect to AC. As soon as it goes to 100%, it turns to green.

Is that expected?

6. Bibulous macrumors 6502a

That sounds right, amber during charging, green when charged.