My Powerbook cannot Command + N to open new!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by macintoshxiii, May 16, 2006.

1. macintoshxiii macrumors regular

macintoshxiii

Hi guys... i have a major problem!!! My Powerbook cannot Command + N to open new! Whether i am using office words or photoshop or in fact any other program it don't seems to work on that open new shortcut key... what can i do?

2. disconap macrumors 68000

disconap

A shot in the dark, but resetting the PRAM might fix it, it's sorted out laptop keyboard problems I've had before. Also make sure you don't have number lock selected, that can mess with short cuts (but, in my ibook, doesn't actually disable the relevant keys)...

EDIT: and if you don't do this regularly, you should: use disk utility and run "repair permissions" on your main drive.

3. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

Did you try a restart?

Sometimes things just get buggy.

4. macintoshxiii thread starter macrumors regular

macintoshxiii

i try restarting it and it doesn't work... and before that i have this problem where by my sound of trashing my unwanted file will not sound as well! I serious wonder what is happening and what can be done to solve these 2 problems... There are sound to other application, iTune etc but just that when I removed my unwanted doc and files to trash, (unsually there is a crushing paper sound) there is no sound sometimes... it recover after awhile but no definite expectation of when it recover.