Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tymbo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 5, 2009
Like, when the gray screen turns on, it has a reddish hue. after a couple minutes, colors restore to normal.

then if my screensaver kicks in, and I wake it up, even immediately, I can see that reddish hue and watch it slowly transform into the proper color.

What does this mean? Does it mean that my bought-in-2004 1.33 ghz PowerBook G4 is dying of age? it's nto necessarily the computer itself, but the screen.

y'know how in school, when the overhead projector would start to look brownish? and then a few days/weeks later, *explosion* the bulb has burned out?

^___^

ViciousShadow21

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2009
To your left or right
Like, when the gray screen turns on, it has a reddish hue. after a couple minutes, colors restore to normal.

then if my screensaver kicks in, and I wake it up, even immediately, I can see that reddish hue and watch it slowly transform into the proper color.

What does this mean? Does it mean that my bought-in-2004 1.33 ghz PowerBook G4 is dying of age? it's nto necessarily the computer itself, but the screen.

y'know how in school, when the overhead projector would start to look brownish? and then a few days/weeks later, *explosion* the bulb has burned out?

^___^

could be. like you said it slowly returns to normal. keep an eye on it. that change may start to happen slower and slower until not at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.