My PowerBook G4 is not powering up?!?! Any advices?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by SolidGun, Mar 28, 2005.

1. SolidGun macrumors 6502

SolidGun

I suddenly found my PBG4 not functioning today.
    I left it charging, and when I opened the screen, it didn't come off of the sleep mode.
    When I looked at the screen release LED, it wasn't flashing or turning on when I press power.

What should I do next? Mine is still under warranty and I may purchase AppleCare soon to avoid another year of problems.

Unit isn't powering up at all. Help?

I pushed the battery indicator button, and the LEDs are not lighting up.
    Do you need battery power to start PBG4? Can the unit function without the battery?

2. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

First I would check to make sure the battery is seated in the machine correctly, and check that it's actually charged by pressing the button on it. But to eliminate the battery as a source of the problem, remove it from the PowerBook entirely and run off the AC. It's possible it's actually on but it's crashed and the sleep light is malfunctioning. That's rare, but I've had it happen. Hold down the power button for a good 10 seconds, that will shut it off if it is on. Then press it again to try to turn it on again. Is the yellow/orange ring around the AC connector lit up when you plug it into the PowerBook?

3. SolidGun thread starter macrumors 6502

SolidGun

Thank you for your reply....I have tried the 10sec hold, but nothing happens.

The LED on the powerbrick lights up Green.

Anything else I should do before I send it in?

4. SolidGun thread starter macrumors 6502

SolidGun

Thx for the advice Les Kern........I am definitely done asking for advices here now. Sending it in to get it fixed.
    Thanks HiRez for the input.