My powerbook power cord is hopelessly stuck!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by wdmurray, Dec 15, 2006.

1. macrumors newbie

Dec 15, 2006
    I'm the owner of a 2.5 year old Powebook G4 and my power cord won't disconnect from my computer!

I had been having a few minor issues with the reliability of the power adaptor, but nothing severe, and nothing outside the realm of normal wear and tear.

Yesterday morning I accidentally spilled a beer on my floor and a very small amount of it got on my power chord while disconnected from my mac. Rather than cleaning it I let it dry and forgot about it. Later that day I was working on the computer and noticed that my power chord won't budge. It still twists and makes every indication of wanting to come out, but it won't go beyond a certain point even when applying a good amount of force. Any suggestions?

Although I have pulled pretty hard in an attempt to dislodge it, I don't know enough about the power supply of the powerbook to feel comfortable giving it the firm pull it may need to unstick. Any ideas?
  2. macrumors 68000

May 31, 2006
    the only ideas i have are to take it to an Apple store or give it that really firm tug. or you could simply never use your notebook wirelessly but i take it that's not a realistic option.