My Powerbook will not sleep

Discussion in 'macOS' started by enoch, Jul 2, 2005.

1. enoch macrumors member

For some reason, my Powerbook will not go into a full sleep if left idle. It merely turns the screen off.

Now, I've turned off all the things that could possibly communicate with my mac - so there is no chance of bluetooth, file or internet sharing, or waking via ethernet. I've turned off all the third-party software, and nearly every bit of software that isn't third party.

But it obviously still happens.

So, if anybody can help me fix this before monday, that would be fantastic. If not, I'll be on the phone to the applecare people at 9am!

Thanks,

Pete

2. Linkjeniero macrumors 6502

It's just a problem with your preferences; to change them click the battery icon in the menu bar and select the last option.

3. enoch thread starter macrumors member

Ahhh... no. Thanks for your suggestion, but I'm smarter than not being able to set my preferences right.

Specifically, my powerbook will not enter deep sleep (where the little light comes on) without closing the lid. Which is why I mentioned about the wake from ethernet connection, because sometimes that prevents the mac from entering deep sleep.