my powerbook's new home

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by MacConvert2008, Feb 16, 2005.

1. MacConvert2008 macrumors newbie

Feb 15, 2005
    University of Virginia
    My 12" powerbook is coming in any day now, and being relatively new to the mac scene, I was wondering about must-haves. I'm an undergrad, and probably majoring in English and/or political and social thought but i'm managing web sites for a few professors as a side job... lots of typing, lots of moving, etc. Should i get officemac or just use open office? Anything else to make my new baby feel at home? :) Thanks!
  2. TheMasin9 macrumors 6502a

Dec 22, 2004
    Huber Heights, OH
    the right office

the question of office mac or openoffice is really a question of compatability, as we all know 95% of the worlds comps out there are windoze and so office mac might be a sure thing, open office may have some issues that could come up and be a problem for you.
  3. mcgarry macrumors 6502a

Oct 19, 2004
    I like my iCurve (search the forums for "iCurve" for numerous comments) when it's at home on my desk, and some sort of case or sleeve is a must for taking it places. I use a Tucano second skin, but other companies make similar products.