My powermac and future cube - help/suggestions.

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by scem0, Sep 27, 2002.

1. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I have a 450 MHz AGP Powermac. My dad needs a new computer for work, and he wants a g4. I found a 450 Mhz cube on eBay, with 450 Mhz, and 64 MB of RAM, which is perfect for my dad. But the problem is - I want the cube - but I also want my 256 MB of RAM, and my 30 Gig HD, instead of the Cube's 20 Gig HD. Would it be simple (or possible???) to just switch the Hard Drives, and Switch the RAM? They both have ATA66 HD's and they both use PC100 RAM. So, it seems like I could just switch everything. If this is true, I won't have to solder anything will I? I know that I can switch the RAM just fine, I have installed RAM many times, but I have no experience w/ hard drives. Suggestions? Help?

2. vniow macrumors G4

You shouldn't have any problem. There are some Quicktme videos on Apple's support site that show you exactly what to do. [​IMG]

3. szark macrumors 68030

szark

The RAM is simple to swap out.

The hard drive is a little more difficult, but it can be done without any kind of soldering. I haven't done it myself, but I took a quick look at my cube and it looks like you would just need a Torx screwdriver, and a little patience. :)

4. scem0 thread starter macrumors 604

scem0

thats good. I can't wait to recieve my cube now!