My printer WONT WORK!!.. HELP!!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by jrvl912, Feb 13, 2005.

1. jrvl912 macrumors newbie

my printer wont print in other sub accounts on my mac.... only on the administarator account which is me!... but yeah... i try to print from another account and nothing happends not even a error problem..NOTHING.. i have already done everything so it can work.. like unplugin it and pluging it back in and stuff.. i have done a hole mess of stuff to get it working... but i just cant make it work!.. please help ppl!... :confused: :confused: ok thanks and hope to hear from somebody soon!

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

What kind of printer?
    What kind of Mac?
    What kind of OS?
    What kind of programs are you trying to print from?
    What whole mess of stuff have you tried so that we don't end up telling you to do something you've done already?

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You may have setup your printer only for your administrative account. Use Printer Setup Utility to set it up for the other account.

4. jrvl912 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have an eMac G4 the newest update of mac os x 10.3.8, and iam trying to print from like any program i have and it wont work on the other sub account... i have tried to use the printer setup utility... i have made diffrent sub accounts and it still wont work eventhough i give it admin access and stuff... its really weird and iam getting frustrated cause my mom uses the computer and she goes thruh my stuff eventhough she tells me shes just going to print a flyer.. but yeah please help!

5. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

What in God's name are you trying to say? There is no such thing as "sub account." There are only accounts with limited privileges. It occurs to me that you may be trying to print from an account that does not allow setting up a printer. Open the Accounts preferences pane in System Preferences. Click the Limitations tab and examine the limitations of the problematic account.