my prints are all off-centered!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BrettS, Apr 7, 2005.

1. BrettS macrumors newbie

BrettS

I work in a small office that has 4 Macs (all G4's) which we recently upgraded from 9.2 to 10.3.8

We also upgraded to QuarkXPress 6.0 and Adobe CS. Since the upgrade, all of our Macs are having a problem printing out of various programs. The outputs are slightly off-center, about 1/8" down and to the right. It happens in Quark and MS Word, but not in Adobe InDesign. It also happens with several different printers AND when we 'print to PDF'... so I know it's not a printer issue. I figured that out after having a Xerox printer tech support guy on the phone for over 2 hours this week.

Isn't anyone else having this problem?? Does anyone have a clue what I can do? I've done a clean OSX install on one of my Macs.. reinstalled the printers.. even ran Printer Setup Repair and went into terminal mode and created a new CUPS directory.. all to no avail.

I'm about to lose my status as Mac God in my office. Help!

2. pncc macrumors regular

Check your page setup for either 'A4' size or 'mini' letter or something besides 'US letter'

I remember having this problem for a while.

3. BrettS thread starter macrumors newbie

BrettS

well, setting my page setup in Quark to "custom" as a letter-size sheet produces a good print.. it just involves changing settings on my Mac and printer queue for every print job.. there ought to be a better solution

but thanks for the help!

4. pncc macrumors regular

Try launching Quark (and other Apps) w/out a file open. Then choose US letter from page Setup. Quit the App and open again. NOW open a new (blank) file and see if the default Page Setup holds. You will probably have to reset pagesetup for all existing files. PITA I know, but you can print now.