**My PS3 Ad**

Discussion in 'Games' started by AlmightyG5, May 12, 2006.

1. AlmightyG5 macrumors 6502

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Interesting choice of music, first time I heard that song was in a film about disillusionment :cool:

Sorry but the flashing angles bit towards the end did make me think of a kitchen accessorie. and not the one that floated around the net at first *name escapes me, endorsed by a boxer* but my Breville sandwich toaster.

3. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

those are awesome dude! where'd u get the pics.? anyway... u should send them to Sony... see what they do. :cool:

4. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

that was pretty sweet dude, nice work. The music was pretty dramatic there, it made me think "what angle is it going to be next!" :p

5. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

That was awesome man...keep up the good work.

Bless

6. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Nice Job. On another note, The more I look at the PS3, the unglier it gets. What happened to their Boomerang controller? The Dual Shock has gotta be the worst controller ever.

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

8. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

HAH!... i'm with you. i thought i was the only one that would rather not have the dual shock. guess Sony got too much negative responces about the boomerang.:(

9. mark! macrumors 65816

mark!

sue hiim 'for violating copyright' or something stupid like that haha.

10. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Excellent Ad. Now make one of it destroying a Wii. :p

11. me hate windows macrumors 6502

me hate windows

Cool video, but it's still just a George Foreman grill.:D

12. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

Not bad for a first attempt.

My criticisms are the video was very standard looking and after about 5 seconds in I pretty much expected what the rest of the video was going to look like. Try experimenting more with with limited pics you have, add typography or those controller button shapes somewhere. The zoom in and panning of the photos is to expected. The pacing could be played with too. I say make the video without the music it might force you to be more creative and less dependent on sound.

Also your name animated in the beginning is kinda tackey, if you plan on submitting it to Sony take it out.

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Aye it didn't fit with the style of film.

Nobody find the music an omen? Anyone here seen Requiem for a Dream?

14. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

Wow I totally agree. People think it's the best controller ever and i just think to myself "what planet do you live on?" It's so uncomfortable in your hand, at least mine anyway. I think the Gamecube controller blows the dual shock out of the water on the comfort level, all nintendo controllers seem to... or maybe that's the fanboy in me talking again :)

15. RoxStrongo macrumors regular

RoxStrongo

yeh iv seen it. never been able to watch it again though. that's where the music should stay in my opinion. that piece is just so overused these days. it's a shame coz its really nice music, just not very original anymore. comments about the video would be that it doesn't maintain a visual flow or build anywhere with the music. the pacing of the edits just becomes a little tedious.

16. Mavimao macrumors 6502a

Mavimao

Aye, I caught it immediately. But this orchestral score remix was used for the Return of the King commerical. I remember watching it and whispering, "Where do I know this? ....juice by sarah...juice by sarah...."

17. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

ah we never had that advert over here so :eek: at least it doesn't ring a bell. ITV used it once though.

18. Yvan256 macrumors 601

Yvan256

Yeah... gotta love people who complain about the look of something as important as a controller. The way it's used is more important than the way it looks.

The Gamecube controller may look a bit weird, but once you hold it, it makes perfect sense. Except for that added-at-the-last-minute Z-button...

19. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

One of my all-time favorite films! Film score definitely enchanced the movie but yeah, it's been very overused now.

20. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Aww the DS2 was awesome...never had one single problem with it....i'm sure the new one will be fine...real comfortable fit...if it ain't broke dont fix it.

I do remember that song from that movie.....crazy movie i must say(just up my alley)

Bless

21. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

That what people told Jobs about the iPod Mini yet he went and replace the top seling iPod and BAM they had a hit:p

22. AlmightyG5 thread starter macrumors 6502

23. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

One criticism I have is that anyone watching the video doesnt care what the PS3 looks like, it's just about the games. The PS3 isnt revolutinary at all, its just a computer and a huge, ugly case. Making a commercial that shows you the hardware (and every single port/icon/button on the thing) is, well, boring.

24. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

I think the PS controllers are some of the most uncomfortable control pads. I can't play for extended periods of time because I get cramps and blisters. GC controllers are far more comfortable but for old school games that use mostly the d-pad I prefer to suffer and use the PS controller instead. Nintendo does have a great history of comfy controllers, remember the MAX on NES? I loved that. Nothing beats Sega Genesis controllers for me. The 6-button is still the best followed by the original 3 button. I miss those.

25. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

I agree on the boredom factor however I think you can showcase just the machine in detail and make it look very exciting. Just takes a bit more effort.