My Public Apology

Discussion in 'Community' started by iMacZealot, Apr 21, 2005.

1. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

Hello everyone,

I am deeply sorry for spamming the boards with trivial topics that have already been posted here. I should know better and search for these. I must admit that I am offended by the harsh critical replies I have received from people telling that I should use the search function on the forum. However, I should know better. Perhaps a more appropriate screen name for me is iMacMoron. (just kidding) I am sorry for the spamming of the boards, and now that I have done even more spamming with this letter of apology. I just wanted everyone to know that I am sorry for placing trivial topics on this board and also that I feel bad about posting these topics.

-iMacZealot

2. Sutekidane macrumors 6502a

Sutekidane

I come here every day, and haven't noticed you, so it must not be that big of a deal. ^_^

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I think you're fine, iMacZealot, but thank you so much for the consideration you showed in writing this post. People (myself included) get annoyed sometimes when people don't do searches, but even MR veterans miss stuff that they probably could've found via search.

Here is a tip for you, if you haven't gotten it before. The search engine in the vBulletin software that MR uses is not the greatest thing in the world. However, Google has a really cool feature. If you type the search information you want into Google (either the search bar or the Google website) and add:

site:forums.macrumors.com

You will use Google to search Macrumors. And Google's search capabilities *are* amazing.

You can even bookmark this:

http://www.google.com/advanced_search?q=site:forums.macrumors.com&hl=en&lr=

And then just go to this page and type the thing you're looking for in the first set of boxes in the blue background.

Anyway, keep doing your thing, do learn to search, because it's good for you (not because we hate you), and don't go anywhere...you're part of the family now. :)

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

in no way did i mean to sound harsh in the 'i' thread, i hope you saw my second post apologizing if i did sound rude, and i only meant it in a reminder sense, and i admitted that i sometimes forget as well, i really am sorry if i came across the wrong way, and i have never thought that you were spamming, and again i am sorry

5. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

Thank you. I do feel welcomed now. Also, thank you for that Google tip. It works really well!

6. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

I kinda liked the "i" thread (ducks).
    I don't think I knew that either!
    PS - how do i get my iPod to get on the 'net quick? :D

7. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

It's okay. I can't hear your tone of voice from, oh, 1500 miles or so away. That's one disadvantage of forums. Now that I think of it, I think I overreacted with this whole situation. I guess we should all close Safari, listen to the new Coldplay single, and sip some nice iced tea.

Have a good night everyone!

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

If you have AcidSearch in Safari (and probably also if you use Firefox), you can rock it up one notch farther and put this thing in as an alternate to the default Google search from the search bar, without difficulty. Really, search bar plugins rock my socks...I can do fed-ex and UPS tracking from the searchbar, eBay, Amazon, Wiki, all kindsa crazy stuff! :)

Oh, I think another thing about the "Search, for the love of God" replies, is that sometimes, there are issues that people get emotional about, in which there is little factual evidence, and in which people have persistent and differing views, and some people get upset whenever they get brought up. I didn't look at the "i" thread in detail, but that's one of them. :)

9. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

The general jist of the "i" thread was just "What is the i for?"
    There were no real arguaments (no timelessblur in sight!)

10. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Ahhh, good. :) But I seem to remember that there have been heated debates between the people who believe that it stands for internet, and the people who believe it stands for nothing. ;)

And timelessblur, I think, is still in a state of bannage. :rolleyes: But on his behalf, let me just say that Apple is pulling the wool over your i's. :D

11. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Doesn't matter. I didn't even notice any spammy threads from you. ;)

And don't worry because everyone here knows that the Search feature at MacRumours sucks!! :p

12. feakbeak macrumors 6502a

feakbeak

You only have 56 posts on MR... you'd have to really pack them in to be spamming. I never noticed anything.

13. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

14. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

[​IMG]

15. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

thats actually cute

im glad that there are no hard feelings though :)

16. mac-er macrumors 65816

I love that...though that looks like a group nuzzle :p

17. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

or eskimo kisses :rolleyes: (not sure what to make of that, or why they care called that)

18. mac-er macrumors 65816

[​IMG]

Your post makes me feel bad!

It is really not that big of a deal.

19. Maedus macrumors regular

Because if they kissed on the lips, their mouths would freeze shut. :eek:

Or I just made that up in order to sound cute and funny. I'd go with the latter. ;)

20. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

looks like they're having an afair with each other. Very risky to be pulling that off right there in front of those two!...... unless they are the wives and those two who miss out on the middle hug are the husbands.... than things might become interesting.......

this could be a tv show.

sorry i'm tired :p

21. Balin64 macrumors 6502a

Balin64

To Original Poster...

You are welcome, friend.

May you always have confetti in your hair!

Be Lucky that the Knights did not come after you. Charge!

22. mcadam macrumors 6502a

mcadam

I forgive you too :D...erhm what's the "i"-thread?

A

Edit: no, don't answer that question - I'll search, I'll search...

23. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Just in case you can't find it, this is the i thread.

Personally I opened it up, saw what it was about and backed out. It has been asked before and will probably be asked again. Just like "Can I upgrade the graphics card in my iBook?" which I have been guilty of getting angry about in the past.

24. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

It takes a big person to correct a wrong. But in THIS case you might have overstated the issue. I have a hard time sometimes with all forums. Wading through the thousands of posts is too time consuming, and THEN you have to wade through the minefield of the morons who actually take valuable time to say something like "Hey, it's 'Mac' NOT 'MAC'!" Maybe I feel like what Groucho Marx said: "I don't want to belong to club that would have me as a member." Take this site for what it is, enjoy the riparte, share meaningful discourse, ignore the Kingdom Watchers. All things considered, this and pretty much all forums are disposable at any time and mean nothing in the grand scheme of things. That being said, this particular site is the ONLY one I regularly visit. It ain't bad at all.
    I personally look forward to your next double post. Won't bother me a bit.