My public apology

Discussion in 'Community' started by eyelikeart, Jul 17, 2003.

1. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

In light of the recent events that have taken place over the past 24 hours here at Macrumors, I decided to create a thread to offer up my apology for losing my head earlier this morning and using a few choice words that have raised a brow or two among the community. I, by no means, meant to cause any harm or offend anyone personally.

Most of u guys know me, and know I'm pretty cool about most things here. However, this does not mean that every once in a while I won't snap at someone or something. It takes a lot to get under my skin, and while this is no justification to my post earlier today, it is my excuse.

I hope that u guys won't hold it against me (or any of the other mods here for that matter), and that u continue to feel comfortable with me around.

eye ;)

2. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

just shows you are a class act.

i'll admit i thought it a bit unnecessary, but at the same time, you in a way were attacked (as a mod), so i can see how you might have taken it more personally than someone like myself (a jackass) did

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I don't even know what you did, but sure, I'll forgive you. ;) I'm sure it wasn't that bad. You'll make mistakes, lose your temper, throw stuff, cry like a girl, etc. And yes, you are human until proven otherwise.

*continues gel electrophoresis of eyelikeart's DNA*

4. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

5. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

This week has produced a load of hostile newbies (who are now 'members') and a seemingly endless stream of PC vs Mac posts (which, my god, I am so tired of). I can easily understand how a Mod could become as frustrated as you did. While I don't condone the use of the "A-word" here, and would never use it myself (ahem), I think you spoke for many of us.

6. medea macrumors 68030

medea

If this is a "sticky" then perhaps it should be a closed one as it is dealing with the same subject that is in the "new forum rules" thread, and this one might get out of hand as well?
    Other than that, it's big of you to apologize and it can't hurt your image on the boards to do so.

7. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Same here... :(

But a few members/threads been poking the mods with sticks lately.

Not surprising that one would finally snap.

8. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Personally, I think that things like you said need to happen every once in a while. I personally think the guy was way, way out of line, and found it very cowardly that he would come back in the middle of the night and start a thread like that.

Anyway, I personally, knowing the entire situation thought that he should have listened to Rower's 2 PM's about keeping it out of the thread.

The entire thing is stupid.

I don't think you owe anyone an appology, I thought the comment was appropriate, and the guy (and the newbies lately that have been out of control) needed the the jolt.

So, no, I don't accept the appology, because there is nothing to appologize for.

:)

9. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

damnit backdawg..... aPology. ;)

and, here i'll have to agree to disagree with you. not the first time though.

ps. 79 today. first under 80 here at home in a while. whoo!

10. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

I guess that happens when some ignorant people get on people's nerves. Well I missed it

11. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Wow, me an you not seeing eye to eye ;) No pun intened.

79, you suck. I have not played in almost a year.

12. funkywhat2 macrumors 6502a

funkywhat2

Golf scores?

13. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

hah. well. you know...

shot 79 in arizona earlier this year.... and.... get this... played at tpc scottsdale! ;) it was great... shot 88... not bad considering a tough course...

14. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Hey eye, your doing a good job.

Everyone can go overboard a littl, heck I just did and look what it cost me?

Only about 3 friendships and tons of people are now against me.

Sorry all.

15. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

"if i lost friends, they never were my friends at all"

16. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

while i'm still relatively new here (joined 4 months ago), i've already seen my fair share of pc vs. mac threads which are absolutely pointless and annoying.

having read rower's post on the "issue," i can totally understand where you guys are coming from. some people seem to have this weird appetite for compativeness... just trying to rile others up.

i was actually surprised your a-word made through the filter but i don't think you did anything too terrible. i'm sure you've done more (waaay more) good than harm to the MR community.

17. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Who said that? Sounds like a song.

Look i don't believe in that philosophy because I've lost friends and I still believe that they were friends of mine.

Jello, you can disagree without not becoming un-friendly.

18. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

ray cappo. ray of today.... currently of shelter... you know. ;)

to lose friends over this petty internet thing is silly though. and therefore, i'd reconsider calling them friends in the first place, that's all

what's your last sentence mean, seriously. too many negatives

i disagreed while remaining friendly, as i think most did.

wizzle.

19. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

I read your post, and I think you were right on. If I was a Moderator I would ban that guy's IP.

Keep up the Good work Rower, Eye and Mr. A!

I hope this wave of hot headed n00bs passes and MR can get back to the jovial atmosphere it used to have. I for one have begun lurking more than I used to.

MrMacMan: Don't think that I am ignoring you either. I really am Super busy and I will get you that installer. Someday. Moving tomorrow, Mabey life will start to slow down a bit. :D

20. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Hey, its cool, everyone took it like I was the plague, because the only person I was standing up for, was infact the banned person.

21. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

you never seemed to be standing up for anyone, just questioning rules.....

i don't think there's any question about it once you learn he was in fact warned once. no. twice!. at that point, if you actually care, just drop it. pretty simple.

that said, i still don't see the "plague" treatment of which you speak.

22. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

I've been warned, If I drag this off topic I will get banned.

23. Wardofsky macrumors 65816

You ain't heavy, like I said a mod has certain powers other than just mod'ing, banning etc...

This is a Mac forum, and Mac people tend to have the freedom of voicing their opinion, however harsh ;)

But we can't lose fact, mod or -mod, that things can go wrong and that opinions clash (Political/Community) and so do personalaties, I mean I'm sure there's someone that hates/disagrees me around here :D

Arn has re-done some rules in light of recent events an I believe we should all abide by that, but in the end, lets keep it a Mac forum ;)
    (Look above the text input every time you post :D)

I'll only call someone an idiot in light hearted conversation or make it really obvious, I try not to get into battles.

This has all been said before, but it's nice to go through it again, it vents some things off...

I might change my sig ;)

24. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Pipe dream, look the only way to stop me from bitching is to make me one. :rolleyes:

And since that have a lower chance then finding aliens through SETI I have quite a slim chance.

Your chances however are very good because you are always polite. :)

(don't mind me, I'm mentally dead today)

25. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

this site is not a democracy, nor should it be unless the person who owns it says so. It's private property, they set the rules, you don't have to agree with them, but it should be expected that arguing won't go over well. You don't have any bill of rights here, posting is a privilege... I'll admit i thought eye was a bit out of character, but hell, he's entitled... we all have times when our buttons get pushed, chill out everyone :cool:

pnw