My Requirements for the iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacBloke, Jan 17, 2007.

1. MacBloke macrumors newbie

Great posts, guys. The Japan experience and Skype. Interesting.

Here is my extension to the iPhone spec (Steve? You there? My credit card is primed and ready...)
    - minimum 3.2 mp camera
    - integration with Aperture
    - video, integration with iMovie
    - SD card with simple backup (or storage) of sms messages, files, any anything else that's stored on the phone
    - in other words, user management of the storage space
    - easy definition of speed dial keys
    - scratchless screen
    - cleaning and maintenance not as an afterthought
    - seemless integration with Macs (really seemless, and with PowerPC macs)
    - you could add, crappy integration with Windoze but that would be plain mean
    - a version perhaps with all the OS X ease-of-use features but really tiny and without all the video options - sort of an iPod Nano/Shuffle for the mobile phone world. So that you can carry it around in summer.
    - er, there must be more.. but that'll do for now.

Oh yes, earlier delivery!

Cheers,
    MacBloke

2. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

3. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

Needs to have lots of Document viewing features. Forget editing work, excel. I never used that much. But what I do use is viewing PDF's from work, viewing spreadsheets / docs and plain text documents. It would be really nice if it supported a palm / pocket pc ebook format such as mobireader. I even have all of the Bible and church publications on my pocket pc and use it at church instead of having to carry books around.

Note taking (which I see an icon for).
    SSH
    Remote Desktop (Windows Terminal Services).
    Some kind of password / secure information manager such as eWallet for pocket pc. I keep all my website passwords and accounts encrypted on my phone for easy access.

- James

4. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

I don't care much about most of the things on your list, but there are a few things I'd like to put on a list.

~GPS (Why tout a mapping feature and not include GPS, which a lot of smartphones already have?)

~.doc support (Really shouldn't be too hard...)

~A way to effectively organize files you have stored on the device (Again, shouldn't be that hard)

~A way to secure/password certain directories, without having to enter a password every time you use the device. File Vault, basically.

~Reliable external battery pack accessory (For example, you wouldn't want to run your battery dry watching a movie on a plane and then not be able to make a phonecall when you land)