Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
I just got my saddle brown iPhone 6s case for my iP6. I previously had the midnight blue for my 6 when they came out last year but returned it do to it getting darker (thread here, https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/my-midnight-blue-leather-case.1792214/). I know it will wear over time but felt it was too close to black. I opted for no case at times and always keeping it minimal. Once the saddle brown case was going to be released, I loved the new brown color. The previous was very bland and not appealing IMO.

Great leather smell to it. I like the new packaging. Here’s some pictures of it on my silver iP6.

apple iPhone 6/6s saddle brown leather case. by Robert, on Flickr

Untitled by Robert, on Flickr

Post to show the leather patina after a week of use.
https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...ase-for-ip6-ip6s.1916469/page-3#post-21917255

Post to show pictures of the space gray iPhone 6 with the saddle brown leather case.
https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...ase-for-ip6-ip6s.1916469/page-5#post-21941353

Post to show after 3 weeks.
https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...ip6-ip6s-updates.1916469/page-8#post-22055734

Post to show over a month's use.
https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...p6-ip6s-updates.1916469/page-15#post-22150915

**Product (red) leather case updates here.
my saddle brown leather case for silver & space gray iP6/iP6s (updates)
new Product (Red) iPhone 6 leather case. by Robert, on Flickr

Last edited:

mkasu

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2010
Japan
Hows the leather and build quality of 6S+ case compared to 6+ one? Lets say I'd buy the same color of both, would I be able to spot a difference?

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
the 6/6s and 6+/6s+ should be no different as the case fits both models. build and leather seemed the same, should see no difference other than a random serial number located by the camera cutout as I posted.

Delorean2006

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2012
Dang, the saddle brown looks really good, I was torn between that and the brown, I chose to get the brown, I'm excited though for it to come

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
Saddle brown looks good. I'm getting a silver 6S and was debating between the saddle brown and midnight blue. After hemming and hawing looking in the store, I went with the blue (which was my original plan), though the brown definitely looks good. I think the saddle brown will really look sharp with the gold 6S. I do wish the 6S boxes were see-through, though. I had to compare based on pictures alone, as they wouldn't allow me to open the boxes, and the display models for trying on weren't out for the 6S cases yet.

I may also exchange it for a midnight blue silicone case. I really liked the silicone case for my 6, but the lint got to me after a while. Might give it another go.

Last edited:

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
yea the gold (not rose gold) will look really good in this case too.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
Off topic.. What screen protector are you using? Looks great

a random 3 pack for $.99 anti-glare screen protectors I got on eBay. I'm usually really good with installing them but something got under in on the bottom right side. I don't buy the expensive ones anymore. not worth it.

dsquared81

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2010
Orange County
Got mine in for my gold 6 for now and future 6s RG. I like it but my buttons are really stiff. Anyone else's the same? My 6 leather cases although with some variance between them, weren't as stiff as this one.

richard371

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
Is it slippery? I just got the Blue leather for the 6S and its extremely slippery. They must have treated them with wax to help avoid the staining for the lighter colors.

Illmaculate

macrumors member
May 19, 2015
Definitely more slippery than they phone 6 leather cases. Leather smells much different too and is sturdier and seems like it's definitely more durable.

Personal opinion- I prefer last years versions for feel but this years for the overall quality.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 2,023

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
My blue 6S case does feel different than the black leather case I've had for my 6 for a long time, however I don't know if it's due to different leather/treatment, or because this one's new and my black one has absorbed all my skin oils over the months of use.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
it seems more natural to me IMO. it could be the saddle brown color but compared to the red and midnight blue from last year.

dsquared81

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2010
Orange County
This isn't a complaint (more as an FYI) but after using my saddle brown case for a day with raw denim the corner where it first hits my pocket have darken. I'm not sure if this is more than the 6 versions (since I owned the darker colors) but I wanted to let you guys know if you would have an issue with it. Not me, can't wait for this case to continue to patina.

Last edited:

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Got my saddle brown leather case for my iPhone 6s Plus but it's got three big streaks running all the way along the back. Hard to explain but similar to when you scrunch something up and flatten it again. Maybe part of the leather but gonna go in and exchange.

Don't like how the package is opaque and you can't see the quality and finish of the leather before buying

Reactions: MacGurl111

rgarjr

macrumors 604
Apr 2, 2009
Southern California
Got my saddle brown leather case for my iPhone 6s Plus but it's got three big streaks running all the way along the back. Hard to explain but similar to when you scrunch something up and flatten it again. Maybe part of the leather but gonna go in and exchange.

Don't like how the package is opaque and you can't see the quality and finish of the leather before buying

Yeah kind of dumb that the packaging is not see through as before. I'm also very picky about the grain on the leather cases.

This isn't a complaint (more as an FYI) but after using my saddle brown case for a day with raw denim the corner where it first hits my pocket have darken. I'm not sure if this is more than the 6 versions (since I owned the darker colors) but I wanted to let you guys know if you would have an issue with it. Not me, can't wait for this case to continue to patina.

As long as its just dark, thats fine. If it were to turn it blue then thats no good.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009

I get the reason on new packaging. when I originally got the midnight blue, I checked all 5 of them before getting the one I thought was best. I guess this is their way of avoiding people swapping and trying them on and adding their skin oils to leather. some will probably damage it not knowing how to put the case on.

jhnpennington

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2015
I'm getting a rose gold 6s. Really stuck between Rose Grey, Saddle Brown and Midnight Blue. What does anyone here think would complement it the best.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.