My Safari mod

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by GeeYouEye, Mar 3, 2003.

1. GeeYouEye macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

Okay, it's really not a lot, but it does make Safari more HI compliant, and it can be used with the demetalizer to make it even better. I'm not done messing with it, BTW. I'll post the rather simple instructions on request.

Attached Files:

2. GeeYouEye thread starter macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

And with the reload button:

Attached Files:

3. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Thats good but I'll keep my de-metal Safari thank you very much. :D

4. kylos macrumors 6502a

kylos

How is that more HI compliant? There are no guidelines regarding the appearance of buttons. When a button has a specific purpose, it simply needs to be descriptive.

5. GeeYouEye thread starter macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

Yes there is. It's in the PDF on page.... okay never mind.:eek: guess not. Still, it's more consistant with Apple's other back/forward buttons (Disk Copy, Finder, and a derivative in iTunes) and it certainly looks nicer (and again, works with the demetalized version).

6. kylos macrumors 6502a

kylos

It has its merits, but you'd need to change the other button to circular as well. Also, the Omniweb style reload/stop doesn't match the other buttons at all. But they definitely work better with non-metal. I'm assuming you're planning on editing all the buttons, because the standard buttons all look quite nice together (on metal, that is).

7. mstecker macrumors 6502

What's with demetalizing?

Why on earth would anyone want to de-brushed-metal an application? Why would anyone spend time fiddling with the graphics on the buttons? Maybe some people need to get out more.

8. vniow macrumors G4

Re: What's with demetalizing?

Because some apps (like iChat for example) look cheesy in brushed metal, some things don't (like iTunes) but if I had a choice between the two for all my apps then it would be Aqua, brushed metal looks overdone most of the time.