My School

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by ibookowner2, Aug 27, 2005.

1. ph0rce macrumors 6502

Jun 25, 2005
    Cool, i wish they did that for my school... i wish we had macs :( we are full of M$ 98 and it sucks... could go back and have a powerbook each.... i wish. :D

2. GilGrissom macrumors 65816

Mar 13, 2005
    Arh, very lucky school!

My old school only had an old iMac G4 which was subjected to the dust of one of our DT workshops :eek: . One of our DT teachers tried to get an iBook through the schools LfT (Laptops for Teachers) campaign but the school refused! :eek:

3. mpw Guest

Jun 18, 2004
    Feeling old. When I left school they had just purchased 10 Amstrad PCW512's for the whole school, as an upgrade from the single BBC Micro on a trolly that went from class to class!
  4. Oryan macrumors 6502a

Apr 1, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    Were those Dell monitors? :eek:

My (old) school district opened a "common" technology school to be shared between the six high schools five years ago. Apple gave us a $500,000 grant to buy equipment. We have a full studio with 5 Canon XL-1s, 20 handicams, 20 ibooks, two computer labs (Mac & PC), and lots of pro software. We may not have monitor speakers, but we've got Cinema displays. :D
  5. GilGrissom macrumors 65816

Mar 13, 2005
    They still had one of those BBC machines when I left! Ah memories!! :) It still works nicely, was used to power a small lathe.