Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dalearyous

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2010
so basically when you run a search, it returns the correct items but for some reason no matter which search results comes up, if you select it it always loads the first item in the row. i know it has something to do with objectAtIndex:indexPath.row. i thought i could either retain the original value of indexPath.row (prior to the search), or pass it to a new index variable, or create a seperate index that accesses the just the array. but i must be doing something wrong.

any ideas? i would be willing to email my project. pm or reply. thanks!

dalearyous

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2010
*edit*
ok after some reading and research i think i have a much better way to explain it:

basically the first array let say has 4 names: (0)bob, (1)jim, (2)david, & (3)carl. when you select anyone one it loads their correct array item based on the index (0,1,2,3). however, when you go to search and type d it narrows the table down to just (0)david which is now in row 0. so when you select david it loads bob from the original array. how do i retain their index value?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.