Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

c073186

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
I finally got my entire Mac Pro setup: Mac Pro with 2.8 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HD, and 8800GT. This arrived about a week ago but just today my 23" ACD came (I could not possibly wait any longer). Since this is such a significant moment of my life I wanted to share it with everyone.

After using the 15.4" PowerBook for 2 1/2 years, the 23" ACD is nothing short of amazing. I'm just glad Apple exists :D :apple: :D

img1017uo4.jpg

img1008rk6.jpg

img1003lx4.jpg

aaronw1986

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2006
Nice, congrats. I placed my order yesterday for an octo, I hope I made the right choice.

J

jmadlena

Beautiful! Congrats on the sweet setup. Someday I too hope to have an all Apple office for myself. And I want my organization to be running an Apple servers and all of that stuff. *Fingers crossed*

c073186

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
Beautiful! Congrats on the sweet setup. Someday I too hope to have an all Apple office for myself. And I want my organization to be running an Apple servers and all of that stuff. *Fingers crossed*

Hehe, that's my dream too... but I have yet to see an office with Apple servers (not that I have seen that many companies' network rooms).

But yeah I think that one of the hardest parts of the Apple-buying process is the day your package is scheduled to arrive by Fed Ex and they don't come until 4:00 p.m. but you are ready at 8:00 a.m. :)

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
I am looking for a similar desk to what you have, care to share where you found yours? Also, Nice set up.

c073186

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
I am looking for a similar desk to what you have, care to share where you found yours? Also, Nice set up.

Room & Board is the company. They have tons of great, modern-style furniture. The piece that the monitor is on is this one:

icon_manhattandesk.jpg

http://www.roomandboard.com/rnb/collection.do?method=get&id=377551&cat=49

The side portion is this. And they make tons of different sizes (in fact you can custom order any size):

icon_parsonsofficedesk.jpg

http://www.roomandboard.com/rnb/product.do?method=get&id=877125&coll=377429&cat=49

Both with solid maple tops, but you can get them in cherry, maple, glass, granite, copper, loads of options to match your preferred style. They no longer make the desk that my computer is next to in the size I have it in - it only comes in the larger size (the first link), which I think is actually better but my room could not accommodate it as well as the smaller size.

And in case you are interested in completing the setup, the Aeron chair (best chair, ever):

522040_search.jpg

http://www.roomandboard.com/rnb/product.do?method=get&id=522040&coll=377362&cat=2

c073186

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
Congrats. :)
Do you play any games on the Mac Pro?

Not yet; I ordered Windows and that is coming next week. I think I am going to try out Call of Duty 4 and when it comes out, Rainbow Six Vegas 2. Any other suggestions? I'm excited to see how it performs. So far things are flawless.

kallemia

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2007
CPU on floor?

Nice setup. Really like the R&B Manhattan unit. One question... why do you have the CPU sitting on the floor? Seems like it would be nicer on the low shelf below the desk. Will it fit there?

Thanks

Karl Maria

PS - just noticed you're moving from a PB to this setup... very close to what I hope to do soon. I'm on a 15 inch PB Aluminum G4 1.5 (May 2004) and it's still running well. Once I have 4 years out of it, I'm going to get a Mac Pro and 30 inch monitor (hopefully ACD)

c073186

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
Nice setup. Really like the R&B Manhattan unit. One question... why do you have the CPU sitting on the floor?

I did think about that, but it would be a really tight fit and the back of the computer would practically be touching the wall, making connections very difficult. I might attempt it some day, but for now I just wanted to get things hooked up.

dgdosen

macrumors 68030
Dec 13, 2003
Seattle
Love Room and Board...

Room & Board is the company. They have tons of great, modern-style furniture. The piece that the monitor is on is this one:

icon_manhattandesk.jpg

http://www.roomandboard.com/rnb/collection.do?method=get&id=377551&cat=49

The side portion is this. And they make tons of different sizes (in fact you can custom order any size):

icon_parsonsofficedesk.jpg

http://www.roomandboard.com/rnb/product.do?method=get&id=877125&coll=377429&cat=49

Both with solid maple tops, but you can get them in cherry, maple, glass, granite, copper, loads of options to match your preferred style. They no longer make the desk that my computer is next to in the size I have it in - it only comes in the larger size (the first link), which I think is actually better but my room could not accommodate it as well as the smaller size.

And in case you are interested in completing the setup, the Aeron chair (best chair, ever):

522040_search.jpg

http://www.roomandboard.com/rnb/product.do?method=get&id=522040&coll=377362&cat=2

I used to live in Minneapolis and picked up a huge wood/metal base desk (72 x 36) at the Room and Board outlet along with a credenza and filing cabinet - which is all still in great condition after 10 years of wear... Great quality stuff, but damn if it's not expensive...

I'd also recommend the Aeron chair. Never get tired or sore sitting in this thing. "Don't skimp on chairs or mattresses" - That's my motto. :)

mackpro

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2008
Indiana University
PS - just noticed you're moving from a PB to this setup... very close to what I hope to do soon. I'm on a 15 inch PB Aluminum G4 1.5 (May 2004) and it's still running well. Once I have 4 years out of it, I'm going to get a Mac Pro and 30 inch monitor (hopefully ACD)

Im going from a PowerBook 1.67 to an Octo as well!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.