Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
Dude, is good that you have a Mac but would be better if you knew how to use it... pull down the resolution of those pictures, way to big and heavy to load. :rolleyes:

zen.state

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 13, 2005
mymemory said:
Dude, is good that you have a Mac but would be better if you knew how to use it... pull down the resolution of those pictures, way to big and heavy to load. :rolleyes:

I do know how to use my mac. maybe you need to get a faster connection or use a higher screen res. high res is always best. its a 3.1 mp camera and takes pics @ 2048x1536 and I will never shrink them.

are you used to 1mp cameras or something?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Nice set up. mymemory's got a point though, maybe bring it down in resolution a little. I always forget to because I've got a pretty cool connection, but not everyone can be so fortunate.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
zen.state said:
maybe you need to get a faster connection or use a higher screen res.

Not everyone has a big display and broadband.

zen.state said:
high res is always best.

For print yes. Not always for the web. The first preview image should be at a size to serve all types of displays and connection speeds. Then you can have a link to a higher resolution image that a user can download if they choose to.

zen.state said:
I will never shrink them.

Well people will never look at them. I'm on a 20" screen and can't view the whole image at once. If people get annoyed or inconvenienced they aren't going to stay at the site for long.

Plus if you shrink them down you save on disk space and bandwidth.

Aside from that, that is cool color combo on the tower.

zen.state

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 13, 2005
I updated the links to show a much smaller preview first..

happy all? ;)

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
Could you give a brief insight of how you went about doing that mod?it looks amazing!!! and by the way is it a G4 or B&W G3?

Thanks

.mp3

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2005
Sweden
zen.state: That was probably the coolest "old" PowerMac I've ever seen. You have uploaded som pictures of your mac on macmod.com, right?

Keep up the good work. I'm going to mod my Cube soon, it's going to awesome. Everybody that owns a modded mac upload some pictures!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.