my show opened to solid reviews

Discussion in 'Community' started by zimv20, Apr 28, 2005.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i do theater in chicago. usually as a writer or sound designer, sometimes as an actor. my theater company, wnep, opened a new dada show last week. i'm in it and wrote a good chunk of it.

we got three reviews on opening weekend, published today.

Reader review (complete with a Critic's Choice and a picture of me):
    Chicago Tribune review:
    Timeout Chicago review:
    i encourage any/all chicago area people to come see it. it's unlike anything you've seen before.

pic used in the Reader:

[​IMG]

2. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

awesome, how long will this be playing? i wouldnt get a chance to come see it until summertime, but if i had the chance i surely would head on down for a show with my girl

4. jamdr macrumors 6502a

jamdr

Wow, congratulations, that is really exciting. Too bad I don't live in Chicago, this sounds like something I might really enjoy.

5. emw macrumors G4

emw

Nice - sounds like a well thought-out and provocative show. I like the audience-participation thing as well.

So you're acting in this one as well? Care to share who you are?

6. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I would if I could, but I've got to stay around here for an Election.

Many congratulations! When's the DVD coming out?

7. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

fine, thank you.

huh?

'til end of May. Th, Fri, Sat nights @ 8 p.m., through May 28, no show May 27. directions and map are here.

"yes" and "why don't you stop by and find out?"

i'm no one famous, natch. through examination of above links, you can find out.

skunk has answered the dada call to action by voting. and no dvd, sir, you'll have to fly to chicago.

thanks for all the nice comments, everyone. even before the reviews, we were proud of our show.

8. emw macrumors G4

emw

I'm assuming this was a reference to "break a leg" being a stereotypical good luck phrase in theater. Does anybody actually use it? Of course, if you use "natch" I guess anything goes ;)

I just might, given the proper opportunity. Perhaps during the Chicago MacRumors get-together.

9. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

ahhh. funny thing is, i have been having some leg troubles for a few weeks.

yes, but i hear "good luck" more often. to my castmates, i usually say, "have a good show."

this is the kind of show, however, where during tech week the director stood on stage and shouted "macbeth!"

that'd be awesome. the cast usually heads to the Bucktown Pub, across the street, after we've cleaned up.