My Songs take up too much room!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by missanita, Aug 20, 2005.

1. macrumors newbie

Please help me! The songs that I have on my computer are taking up too much room. Is there anyway that I can delete songs off my hard drive, but at the same time, update my ipod with new songs, without having the ones already on there, dissapear??

HELP!
    THANKS

*MISSANITA*
    :p

2. macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

iTunes has a protection system where you can only have songs on your iPod that are on your iTunes library. If i were you just get rid of albums you don't listen too and consider a external hardrive for you music library.

3. macrumors 65816

sjpetry

Is this what you are talking about? If not the above comment might be what you're looking for.

I think you have you're iPod set to "Automatically update " the song.

To fix this go to "iPod Options" or "Prefrences" and change the iPod to "Manually manage songs and playlists".

Now you can update the songs without erasing the songs off your iPod.

I hope this fixes it.

:)

4. macrumors regular

Sundance Kid

yes... this is quite wrong.

5. macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

I forgot about that :eek: As i haven't used that feature yet. But if i place a new album in the library and i need to update it, what the iPod then delete those other songs :confused:

6. Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

When you set to manually update, and you plug in the iPod, NOTHING happens, except that the iPod mounts. To put the song on the iPod, you drag it to the iPod. To delete a song from the iPod, you go into the iPod in the left hand column in iTunes and select the songs and delete them.