My splendid SuperDrive...

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by iGav, Mar 28, 2003.

1. iGav macrumors G3

Well then, what a difference a week makes.....

Last Sunday my SuperDrive in my 1GHz PowerBook decided to start misbehaving.....

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?threadid=22813

Well I rang Apple on Monday morning, to arrange for it to be picked up, although I had my doubts as I'm sure we were speaking different languages!! Apparantly my name is Garby Karby according to Apple and DHL..... :rolleyes: :D

Anyway the DHL man turned up at 2pm Wednesday to pick it up..... with stickers telling me it was been sent to the land of sausages for repair (it's an Apple thing) anyways, because it was quite late in the day, Midweek, I wasn't expecting it back until atleast the following Wednesday... (my experiences with Applecare vary, best been a week service, worst taking from November 2001, to the following bleeding year)... however 11am this morning (Friday) the DHL man turns up again, and I was so sure that it was a mistake and that they were bringing me another empty box to take the pi$$ but no... it was heavy.... it was from the land of David Hasselhoff fans... it was back!!!!

Any how all seems well now, a new SuperDrive installed that doesn't keep spitting out like some kind of cheap whore... just as god intended!...

But which ever way you look at it..... from 2pm Wednesday, to 11am Friday via Frankfurt for repair... is pretty impressive!!

I can tell you though, it's been a long, long week without my Mac...... I don't ever want to go there again... ever... it's a cold, evil place to be!! :p

Wicked!!

2. yzedf macrumors 65816

yzedf

is it the same machine? sure they didn't just yank the hdd and put it in a refurb unit and send it back? not that it takes any longer to replace the optical drive, under ideal conditions (no backlog).

very cool to hear though!

from across the pond
    --yzedf

3. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

heh heh... first thing I checked... serial numbers are identical (I checked to make sure for my insurance)....

Then I checked for scratches..... heh heh... just incase.... everything is fine though.... :)

I just have to spend 6 or so hours re-installing all my software, copy my work back over and setting everything back up correctly!! I erased it before it went, just incase Apple did swap it over, I wouldn't want all my work in other peoples hands... my clients wouldn't be impressed at all!!

I still can't get over how fast they fixed it though!!:D

4. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

awesome. that's great to hear, gav, especially after your past ****ty experience with applecare

hopefully you won't need it again for a long time........

5. yzedf macrumors 65816

yzedf

I second that!

6. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

Cheers guys!!

Just in the middle of re-installing all my software..... :rolleyes: it's so tedious.... I need to hire me a techie gimp to do this for me!! :D :p