My Switch is Over!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by drumpat01, Aug 28, 2005.

1. drumpat01 macrumors 6502

drumpat01

Yesterday I recived my very first Mac, the 12" iBook with stock ram and an 80gig HD. I was very impressed with the speedy delievery espessicaly with the horror stories ive heard on here. I ordered it on Monday, put it on 2 day delievery and it was here at 10am on Saturday morning :) How cool is that? Well just wanted to say how happy I am with my mac and thank you all very much for all the help you have given me on choosing which mac to buy. I had originaly wanted to go for the mini, but then decided ah what the hell, I'll just keep saving and go for portability. I also get the sweet ripple effect with this one :D

2. 20rogersc macrumors 65816

20rogersc

Congratulations on the purchase drumpat01, you're going to love it!

Just remember that this is an amazing community here, and if you need any help, there always someone here to answer. I've been amazed at some of the responses to my questions, and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Have fun!

::20ROGERSC::

3. GilGrissom macrumors 65816

GilGrissom

Yes I agree. It's helped me a lot!

Glad you've made a happy switch!

(I'll be nice to you as you'll probably know more about Macs than me pretty soon so I'll be asking you for help!! hehe! :) .)

Enjoy the Mac buddy! :cool:

4. yoak macrumors 65816

yoak

Congtratulations.
    I was where you are now last year, and people on this forum has helped me alot, from before I bought and up to now.

Enjoy.

PS It ended up with me and my wife fighting for the ibbok, she fell in love with it, something she never thought could happen with a laptop

5. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

congrats on the purchase! i went with the mini myself b/c of my budget, but hopefully the next computer i get is a maxed out 12" powerbook. (if only i could sell my pc laptop so i could get it)

6. ajampam macrumors regular

ajampam

The MR community is a wonderful place....you can share happiness, sadnesses.....and major issues for which you have no answers yourself....and there are real wonderful people out here to help everyone.....sweet!!!! congrats for your purchase and hope that you have many wonderful years with it....... :)

7. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Congrats on the switch. Maybe next computer, we'll all switch back to Intel.

8. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

Haha so true. We are one big family. Enjoy your iBook and congrats!

9. stevietheb macrumors 6502a

stevietheb