My switch story

Discussion in 'Switch Stories' started by alphaq619, Mar 11, 2003.

1. macrumors member

I've been wanting to get a mac for awhile now but did not officially switch until last Wednesday when I bought a 12" Powerbook. I was in need of a laptop and I was long yearning for an iBook. I wisely waited until after MacWorld Expo SF and I fell in love with the 12" Powerbook.

I LOVE the way my Powerbook looks. I take it around with me everywhere on campus and I can feel the looks of envy whenever I pop it open. With its aluminum casing and its matching keyboard, it is one of the most pleasing things to look at and use. With my AirPort Extreme card, I can stay connected anywhere on campus (most buildings are "wired for wireless") If only this thing came out earlier...

As for OSX, I'm slowly getting used to the interface. I love how installing programs is just a matter of dragging it to your Applications folder. Finder can kick Windows Explorer's ass any day. I even had my iPod switch, from a Wipod to a Macpod. And the iLife apps, and OSX in general, are so intuitive. I wonder why it took me so long to switch.

Although I still have my PC, I find myself using my mac more. One thing I need help for is finding good websites about macs and how to use/tweak them. Can anyone help me out?

One happy switcher.:D

2. macrumors regular

Re: My switch story

Congrats!!! Good to hear you're enjoying your new Mac. It's a beautiful machine. As far as we sites goes, there are alot, but the only one I can think of now is www.accelerateyourmac.com. I'll post later if something else comes to my mind.

3. macrumors 604

scem0

Mac OS X does that to you.....

(makes you switch ;)). It truly is amazing.

4. macrumors 68000

MacFan25

Congratulations on your switch! I love the new PowerBooks. They look great!

As for OS X, I love it also. I took me a few days to get used to it, but I love it now! :)

5. macrumors 6502

Re: Re: My switch story

dont you mean xlr8yourmac.com :p ?

6. macrumors regular

Re: Re: Re: My switch story

Same Thing:p

7. macrumors 604

scem0

I think you are at the best site for mac help questions, etc.

There is a section in the forums for questions, and we will be
    glad to help you out. :)