My teacher's daughter is neighbors with derek jeter...

Discussion in 'Community' started by MacFan782040, Jan 3, 2005.

1. MacFan782040 macrumors 6502a

MacFan782040

...and she's always over at her house and he is there usually. So over break she was talking to him and he gave her hand signed autographed pics for all of us! :p Pretty cool...

2. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

for all of us? SWEET, but i ain't a yanks fan .... can he make it out to eBay?

3. MacFan782040 thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacFan782040

lol, "us" meaning my class. She got about 40 of them, their not that big but oh well.

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Pretty cool... but not a Jeter fan myself (or a Yanks fan for that matter).

Congrats to you though!

I've got a Florida State football helmet autographed by Bobby Bowden.
    Also some UGA players from the past.

Anybody else have some cool autographs?

Woof, Woof - Dawg

5. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Smokey Robinson.

Sushi

6. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

I was having a "senior moment"; was wondering how a dead actor could give an autograph. Then I realized I was thinking of Micael Jeter....

7. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

I have an autographed case for my WaveTwisters DVD.....signed by DJ Q-Bert himself and the rest of the DJ's in the animated film.

8. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Hey, we're not that old! :eek:

Sushi

9. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    nice one

i have jeremy bullocks autgraph (boba fett in the original star wars movies), he signed a star wars poster for me, personally.

i did also talk to irvin kirshner (director of empire strikes back) without realising it at the time! very very funny guy he was.

other than that, i have a (team) signed Liverpool FC jersey :)

10. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

Gene Roddenberry (the creator of Star Trek) came to speak at Auburn University when I was a kid (maybe around 1980?). At any rate, my friend and I ran backstage right after he finished speaking and I got him to autograph my copy of Marvel's Star Trek #1 (see the cover shot here). I still have it, and it's probably not worth much, but has sentimental value I guess. It's also kinda funny because he signed it "Live Long and Live Long", instead of the traditional "Live Long and Prosper"; I don't know if he did that because he was tired, or if he was just making a joke. ;)

11. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

Are you kidding? Put that thing on eBay and you'll probably get 500 bucks for it

12. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

I also have to add that I didn't know teachers were paid that well in PA. :D

Or maybe Jeter isn't paid as well as we think... :rolleyes:

13. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

jeter is paid more than you think due to endorsements, etc.

teachers in PA are paid way above the national average due to extremely high property taxes, etc. as compared to neighboring states

14. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Sorry, I meant it more as a joke. Meaning it was a nice neighborhood that she lives in. Too bad that the Diamond Lake Stadium for the "Virginia" Nationals never came to be. Then I might have a ball player or two in my neighborhood. :D

15. MacFan782040 thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacFan782040

It's my teacher's daughter who lives by Jeter. She is a millionaire at 27 or so. My teacher told us her profession is something like she puts price caps on medical things... for example, a doctor's office can only charge you a max $50 for an ear ache complaint... It begins with an "A", i just forget what it is. And she is married to a person of the same profession, making them millionaires times over. She told us a few years ago her Xmas BONUS CHECK was for $120,000.

Anyway, her daughter lives in New Jersey, about 10 mins from the city. And it's Jeter's parents home actually, but he stays there when he plays in New York.

It's funny because the one day my teacher was just talking about her weekend and how she was talking to Derek Jeter and we were like WHAT!!!!! and then she told us the story... the funny part is, well she knew who he was but had no idea he was so big or made so much money.

She met his parents and said he only had a bodyguard when he got into his car (his house is a few houses down from theirs). It's a gated private development.

Anyway, today I asked her the next time she sees him if he can get us some clubhouse passes after a game to meet the players... Omg i would diee. So we'll see what happens in the spring.

I'll keep you posted :D

16. MacFan782040 thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacFan782040

He made $19 million last year in baseball salary alone. Your right about endorsements, I'm sure he makes a lot in advertising, ect.

Just as a comparison:

Yearly Salaries:

Howard Stern- 30 mil
    Ben Affleck- 39 mil
    Dave Letterman - 36 mil
    Eminem- 32 mil
    Jay Leno - 20 mil
    Madonna- 42 mil
    Oprah Winfrey - 136 mil
    Steven Speilberg - 144 mil
    Tiger Woods - 77 mil :confused:

17. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

Does this by any chance have Buckethead's autograph? That would totally rule.

18. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Sorry I miss read your original post.

Hopefully she takes care of her Mom very well.

Got to love those that have no clue. Myself included. Nearly decked Sarah Jessica Parker at Vincent's in NYC; when she bullied her way to the front of the line. The friend that I was with saw her career light go red when I was ready to turn around and tell the SOB off. :D

19. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

Pretty cool! Derek Jeter isn't liked much around here (except for those yankees in CT). :D

20. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Was it an Actuary?

21. MacFan782040 thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacFan782040

YEAH i think so.. sounds familiar... I know it deals a lot with math, i think she went to school for accounting

22. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Actuaries are notorious for large salaries since it takes a while to become one and more often than once have I considered a career change.