My teefs hurt!

Discussion in 'Community' started by phreakout13, Jan 16, 2005.

1. phreakout13 macrumors 6502

phreakout13

Oh man, last night I was riding my friend's bike, and the chain skipped and I fell off. It was really cold out, and I couldn't feel my hands. I don't know if that's why I didn't stick them out when I fell, but I fell on by face. It was bore my chin, but I was all scraped up there, and on my hand. It's kinda swolen now, but it doesn't hurt too bad. The worst part was that my front tooth has a huge chip in it, and about half of it is gone. It crumbled in my mouth and I couldn't tell what was tooth and what was road salt and sand. Anyways, I have to wait about 2 days till I can see a dentist, and I was wondering if anyone knows what he'll probably do to fix my tooth. Also, sorry if it sounds like I'm complaining, but I just wanted to tell ya's, and it was kinda funny when it happened. Thanks for reading this :)

2. hcuar macrumors 65816

hcuar

If half the tooth is going, they will probably grind it down and cap it. If the damage isn't to the root, they probably will just sand it down to make it smooth. ;)

3. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

A few weeks ago I woke up to a funny feeling in my mouth. I looked in the mirror and found half a tooth missing! I guess I drink too much Coke and other sugary stuff. Anyway, I went to the dentist and she managed to fix it - it now looks as good as new :)

So don't worry about it, your dentist can fix it :)

4. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

I fell flat on my face once in fifth grade and broke my two front teeth halfway off. They'll look as good as new when they're done with them. I don't know exactly what it took to fix them, as I was given the gas (that's good stuff, too!). It seems to me like they form another tooth with some stuff and harden it with an light gun. Either way, that should work out well.

The first time I broke my teeth, all was well after they fixed them. The second time, it took years to get the sensitivity out of them. They're alot better now. I don't say that to scare you, though. Hope your teeth get fixed up as good as new!

5. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I hope that you cleaned the scrapes on your chin and hands thoroughly with soap and water. Some Neosporin ointment is also a good idea. An infection can easily occur.

Your teeth should look as good as new. They have a lot of new products now, can't even tell where the damage occurred. They are even able to match the color of your surrounding teeth.

6. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

When I was about 10 (7 years ago) My brother put a snowboard infront of my sled while sledding. Flew up and hit me in the face. Broke three of my teeth. We went to the dentist and he put on a resin replacement. That's only a temporary solution. When I turn 18 (later this year) I'm getting a permanent porcelain cap.

7. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Sorry to hear about your bike accident, phreakout13. Reading your story made my teeth hurt!

I can see why you had to use a regular smiley :) and not one with teeth :D .

After your dentist appointment this week, please tell us how it went.

8. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

Yeah, sorry to hear about your teeth, but it could be worse:

"The doctors said, 'If you're going to have a nail in the brain, that's the way you want it to be,'" she said. "He's the luckiest guy, ever."

Read the whole article here

http://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat/2005-01-16-nail-skull_x.htm

Notice Nail and Skull in the same web address...this would suck. Weirdest thing is it has happened twice at this hospital. Makes you want to have them wear mouth guards I guess.

9. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

It's the beginning of the end. The nerve is damaged. Then the tooth dies and you have it removed and a bridge replaces it. Then the bone underneath begins to erode, lossening the other teeth. They are removed. Full dentures. The ALL your bone erodes, leaving you looking like this:

10. phreakout13 thread starter macrumors 6502

phreakout13

Thanks everyone for replying! I'll tell you what the dentist ends up doing when it happens. I'm hoping they won't have to grind my tooth down, I hate the idea of novicaine and needles in general, and the last time I had to get a cavity fixed, they had to put me on vallium:) I hope that doesn't happen again...

11. *Y* macrumors regular

Hey dont worry about it that much. I had something like that happen to me before. It was really stupid too. I was jumping of a ramp rail on a rest area and tripped. I fell on my face, busted my lip and chipped my tooth. I went to see a dentist and all he did was polish it. I think it looks better now than it did before. It was to big before with all the other teeth, now it fits in. :D

12. phreakout13 thread starter macrumors 6502

phreakout13

I went to the dentist today, and they fixed my tooth! They didn't even have to use novocaine. It was awesome, and you can't even tell my tooth was chipped. I'm not sure exactly what they used, it was some kind of porcelin stuff. I'm so glad it's fixed!!! Awesome!!!