my theater's play got critics' choice

Discussion in 'Community' started by zimv20, Mar 8, 2005.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

...from the Chicago Reader.

this is our third remount of an original play based on the John Huston documentary Let There Be Light!, which he made for the army in the 40s about WWII soldiers being treated for shellshock.

in our original 2003 run, we got "Highly Recommended" from both the Reader and the Chicago Tribune, plus a "Best New Play of 2003" from New City. our New York Fringe remount in 2004 got us a picture on the front page of the New York Times Arts' section.

i did the sound design. i invite everyone in the chicago area to come see it, it's quite a play.

here's the latest review, for the critics' choice:
    link

2. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

3. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

in the city, yes, just a couple blocks north of wrigley. nearest major east/west cross street is irving, which is 4000 north.

you thinking about coming?

btw, i was in evanston saturday putting up posters. so if you see any, that was me!

4. Kato C. macrumors member

Well Done

Well done! I enjoy live theatre. I am always amazed at the amount of work it takes to mount a show. Love Chicago, too bad I am a long way away.

5. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

thank you! it is pretty amazing, both in terms of the sheer amount of work and how much cooperation is needed. somehow, it's always worth it.

and in two days we start rehearsals for our next show, which i'm in.