Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lux123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2015
Cornwall, UK
Here's my Tibook G4. Not bad for 15 years old! The original hard drive was struggling, and was quite slow on Leopard. The dvd drive is faulty, but I had a spare hdd in an old ibook that had tiger and garageband. It runs like a dream now. Are there any other parts that will fit the tibook from the ibook? The ibook has a broken lcd so it's only good for spares. I'm thinking of swapping the dvd drive, but I'm not sure if it'll fit....

Attachments

• 20150821_165555.jpg
    20150821_165555.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 124
  • 20150821_165616.jpg
    20150821_165616.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 108

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Very nice! I don't think there is much from the iBook that is compatible with the Titanium PowerBook though. Not sure if the DVD drive would fit.

My son has the 1Ghz Titanium DVI. I got it for him for $25, but the screen hinges were broken and the screen was not working right. So, I swapped in the screen and hinges from my old TiBook 400 at the time.

We just recently got him a wireless PC card so he can get wireless A/B/G. Starbucks, where our Macs routinely go has dropped wireless A/B which meant his original Airport card would no longer connect. Now he's fine pretty much everywhere again.

Your Mac however, seems to have aged far more gracefully then the office supply liquidated Mac my son has.

2015-08-01 16.01.34.jpg 2015-08-01 16.01.39.jpg

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
Very nice! I don't think there is much from the iBook that is compatible with the Titanium PowerBook though. Not sure if the DVD drive would fit.

My son has the 1Ghz Titanium DVI. I got it for him for $25, but the screen hinges were broken and the screen was not working right. So, I swapped in the screen and hinges from my old TiBook 400 at the time.

We just recently got him a wireless PC card so he can get wireless A/B/G. Starbucks, where our Macs routinely go has dropped wireless A/B which meant his original Airport card would no longer connect. Now he's fine pretty much everywhere again.

Your Mac however, seems to have aged far more gracefully then the office supply liquidated Mac my son has.

View attachment 576667 View attachment 576668
Here's my Tibook G4. Not bad for 15 years old! The original hard drive was struggling, and was quite slow on Leopard. The dvd drive is faulty, but I had a spare hdd in an old ibook that had tiger and garageband. It runs like a dream now. Are there any other parts that will fit the tibook from the ibook? The ibook has a broken lcd so it's only good for spares. I'm thinking of swapping the dvd drive, but I'm not sure if it'll fit....

The DVD drive will fit. You need to hold on to the orange adapter plug thing and all the correct framing apparatus... that is, unless it's an early iBook G3 with a tray drive. Obviously that won't work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.