My Totally non-Constructive Email to the Democrats

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thanatoast, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

So, being generally fed up with Republican behaviour, and almost more fed up with Democratic sniveling, I went to Democrats.org and clicked "contact. On the form provided, I filled out my name, address, and the following as my comments:
    Obviously, this will solve nothing, except maybe give some poor college student staffer a laugh or an anuerism. I just felt the need to vent my frustration at the ineffective and pathetic Democratic party.

Please feel free to write your own fantasy letters (or real ones) in this thread. For humor or in all seriousness, if you had Dean, Hillary, Lieberman, Reid, and Pelosi in a room with you, what would you tell them?

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Dear John Howard.

Back in 1996 when we voted your party into power you were old, really old. Now, correct me if I'm wrong but it is now 10 years later and you're still in power. That mans you are now super duper old.

I don't want someone older then my grandfather running the country so bugger off.

Oh, and there's some crap on your nose from kissing GWB's arse.

Cheers,
    Chundles.

(PS, come to think of it, there's nobody else around who seems to want the job, how comfy is your desk chair? My back's acting up a bit so I'll want a comfy desk chair.)

3. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Dear Dems:

You have a better way? Ok... then DO IT ALREADY! Seriously, we're waiting here. Any day now. The whole "at least we aren't as bad as them" thing isn't exactly working here. Seriously. I'm waiting.

Screw it, I'm voting for the Green party. Even if they are ****s.

Sincerely, Mr. TIRED OF GETTING SCREWED BY BUSH Solvs.

4. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

This reminds me of a Louis Black joke of how a law is made. A Republican stands up and says, "I have a bad idea". Then a Democrat stands up and says, "and I can make it sh*ttier"

5. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

There's a great book titled Take It Back by James Carville and Paul Begala (former Clinton advisors) detailing the party's strengths, weaknesses, and strategies to get the party back on track.

6. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I'll have to take a look at that. James Carville is a good writer, and the books of his that I have read have been logical, well-thought-out yet plain-spoken polemics.

7. Qoxiivi macrumors regular

Qoxiivi

It really makes me laugh (for that, read "cry and want to die") that people fall for the republican party selling itself as the only party that's 'strong' enough to keep America safe. I know the reasons behind it (scare the crap out of people and they will flock around the 'strong and powerful' - page 1 of any political propaganda manual) but the opposite is true.

Floating around the world killing lots of people and stealing their countries' natural resources for your own interests doesn’t make you safer and less hated (page 1 of any book on American foreign policy worth reading) but more so.

But then, that’s not why people hate America right? No, it’s because they’re all so jealous of how free and shiny its government and citizens are.

Qoxiivi

PS: Thanatoast, great comments.