My town got a grand total of … Xbox 360s

Discussion in 'Games' started by link92, Dec 13, 2005.

1. link92 macrumors 6502

My town got a grand total of 0 Xbox 360s.

<rant>And these Canadian and American stores are getting a second batch before Christmas! Why doesn't MS give us some before Christmas, instead of giving stores two batches?</rant>

Oh well. I might get one before my birthday in April… (and I'm serious about the might part).

2. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Where do you live?

And, compared to you, are local GameStation's stock of 2 looks like sh*tloads :eek:

3. link92 thread starter macrumors 6502

Somewhere in Fife, Scotland. (As I said, no more detail :D)

4. cartoonfox macrumors regular

cartoonfox

i really feel sorry for you guys.
    i mean, i don't think i will ever get an xbox360, but you guys who want one derserve one! there is no excuss for what microsoft did. sure all it happens at launch all the time to create more desire, but microsoft just took the absolute piss!
    link92, can't you travel to a larger, more popular scotish city to get one? maybe phone GAME and places to see if they have any.
    you tried amazon? dixons(online)?
    hope you get lucky and find one.

oh and btw, when you do get one, don't play it verticaly, apparently the xbox360 "isn't designed to be played verticly"! something to do with no stabalisers? (i'll try and find the link)

peace

5. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Early spring 2006 is when the UK is getting them again :(

6. ChrisFromCanada macrumors 65816

ChrisFromCanada

Which would explain why they are set-up vertically in stores for demoing? :confused:

7. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

8. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

You should spread this uninformed (and incorrect) rumor in a few more threads before the day ends. Want to get a few more people lathered up that the 360 is junk.

9. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

someones bitchy show me something that says they can and you other guy show me something that says they cant.

10. cartoonfox macrumors regular

cartoonfox

well im sorry.
    i can't find where i saw it, but apparently someone contacted xbox360 customer support about his games not working anymore, and the representative said that "xbox360 is not designed to play games vertically", because it scratches the disks.
    maybe the representative was wrong.

i don't have a 360, so i don't know. i was just trying to be helpful...

edit: anyway, i said "apparently". i didnt say it was true or false, just what i heard.

11. cheekyspanky macrumors 6502a

cheekyspanky

I would really like an Xbox 360. I have the money available right now, all waiting for an Xbox 360 Premium pack with Project Gotham Racing.

But Microsoft wants to make it hard for me to get one so I desire it more...nope, what it's done is annoy me and has made me think - If the Nintendo Revolution will be out in the 1st quarter/early 2nd quarter next year then maybe it's worth spending my cash elsewhere.

A company shouldn't make it hard for me to hand over my £320+. All this is doing is making the rivals console launches feel closer each day.

12. cartoonfox macrumors regular

cartoonfox

i agree.

but nintendo wont unveil revolution untill may 9th at E3.
    so i doubt it will be released untill maybe july/august at earliest.

peace

13. cheekyspanky macrumors 6502a

cheekyspanky

Damn..

Oh well, Canon lenses for my camera it is then...

They had the Core system in my local GAME today but it seemed like a waste of time to get it without all the extras so I didn't take them up on that one.

14. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

The problem is that you should not change the 360's position from Vertical to Horizontal or it scratches the disk. There's no problem playing it vertically, just don't rotate it.

15. 0s and 1s macrumors 6502a

0s and 1s

My Xbox 360 pillaged my house and killed my mother! Don't buy it! :(

16. cartoonfox macrumors regular

cartoonfox

ah ok,
    im sorry don m, i was half wrong half right : ]

peace

17. link92 thread starter macrumors 6502

Larger cities are sold out...

As for Amazon, they're saying 2 - 4 months. I doubt Dixons will be any better.

18. crap freakboy macrumors 6502a

crap freakboy

I wouldn't sweat it, played a demo of Call of Duty amd PGR2 the other day in London, seriously unimpressed...and no I'm not a Sony troll, got a chipped Xbox and 50+ games. Overall IMO its been a terrible launch that they couldnt have got more wrong if they'd tried. Lets see if Sony and Nintendo handle global launches any better.

19. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

That's what I've heard too - the problem is that people were moving the xbox 360 into the vertical position while the console was running with a disc in the drive. As long as it is off or has no disc in it you are fine.

People had the same problem with PS2's back in the day.

20. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

you can always try ebay....yes it's more expensive than retail but right now prices are down considerably...bundles are going for less than retail

21. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

Its actually said that the 360 runs better vertically than horizontal. You just cant change the positions while you are playing.

IDK why they say it runs better vertically but I dont like running mine like that. The disk slips out of the holder all too often when Im putting it in.

22. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Who told you that? I think £450 for a console that retails for £280 is more expensive, not cheaper. Please, before you post, learn the language

23. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

What he meant is that what is included with the bundles are cheaper than buying EVERYTHING at retail price.

Maybe you need to learn

24. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Then maybe he should have said that. Even then, i have to buy a lot of extras to get it cheaper than retail. Maybe in the US, this is true, but not here

25. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

Most bundles come with 2 or 3 games and an extra controller.

Which is what most people are going to buy anyways.

Who in the hell would buy a 360 with no games???